Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfreak91 View Post
jack I asked this to someone else. I'm going to be the market for a turbo regal real soon, The car i find will be clean and solid with maybe a few bolt-ons. My goal would be a 10.50 street car. What would I need parts wise to get there and how much cheese are we talkin motor,trans,rearend ,turbo etc? can it be done on a stock block?

I know that I'm going to sound like everyone else! I'd like this 10.50 machine to be reliable and safe!! Yes ,I want my cake and will eat it too..... Let me know if I'm off my rocker......

Thanks for you help.

Also do you know of any good shops in IL where I could have work done?

Welcome.. you're gonna love drivin the "family car".. I would say find yourself a good condition not too messed with car. MAybe something under $10,000 with under 100,000 miles. If it hasn't been beaten on, oil pressure is good you can build on the stock motor. We build stockers pretty often here, bolt on heads, cam, turbo, etc.. Just finished one up here this past week. Customer spent about 12 grand, got all the bolt on goodies, he'll run mid to high 10's without killing it. The key to running the number with these cars is the tune up, miss the tune, you hurt them. It doesn't matter if you run a stroker, stage 2 or any built motor, good tuning and they generally live...