View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM

Thumbs up

I'm sure you guys have seen from my posts I'm finally getting my car/money pit back together... Last time out it ran a 10.80@124 with a 1.54 60', so it should hopefully improve a bit with all the stuff I've done so far... 8 point bar, new gray interior(Ugh, goodbye maroon interior), bodywork, paint, fiberglass bumpers, 87 grill, and I'm picking up a set of GTA's for spare wheels next week... I have Pro Stars on there now, but I wanted a wheel for when I go cruising to the beach and such... I'm sure every time I put my "cruising wheels" on I'll find a bunch of people that want to race...lol... I'm going to put the M&H 275-55-16(28" tall) drag radials on the back if I can get them to fit, I don't want 26's on there if I put the turbo400 in...(Anybody know if they will fit on stock width wheels?)
As far as the rest of the set up, it's a stock stroke, stock crank, RJC girdled 109 block with .30 over Diamond Pistons, K1 rods, revolution XR2 cam(210-215), ported stock heads held on with ARP studs, ported stock intake, 1.6 roller rockers, TT chip, 60lb injectors, hot wired 340, -8 supply with -6 return, TE45A with a .63 exhaust housing, 3.5" downpipe(Soon to be replaced with a 3" Cotton's downpipe with a 45 racegate so I can get my boost creep under control), 3" single shot exhaust, 200-4R with a 3200 vigilante converter, H&R upper and lowers, airbags, and I guess that's about it...
What's left??? I just picked up a Turbo400, so I'm going to get that built with a brake and see how I like it, but I need to do axles and c-clip eliminators before I really try to launch it with the trans brake... I want to notch the rear frame rails so I can tuck a 325 under there, get the Super Rear Sway Bar on, and I think that will take care of any traction problems I might have... I also need to sump my tank and get a big external pump because I think the single 340 will be struggling once I start turning the car/boost up...
Any advice on the set up??? Anything look out of place or am I forgetting anything???
I'm also thinking about doing a 70mm ball bearing turbo with a bigger housing to help with top end, but hopefully the ball bearing option will help with spooling... Of course everything else on the list will have to be done before I can drop money on a turbo...