Thread: Twisted Metal
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

You think it looks bad in pictures, you should see what it looks like up close. It's kind of amazing how many cracks are in the case.
Ah, don't worry about it. I was due for a new motor anyways. I would have liked to still have this motor for another toy, but, oh well. I am working on piecing something together for the waGoN for Cecil. I'm hoping to get it together and in by then. I still haven't figured out a tranny yet. I have a couple of options on that. None perfect, but at least one that will work until I get a good one in there.

Plans? Well, the camshaft is still good I think, so that is going into the interim motor.
That reminds me. Jack, I need some Cometics for it if you are reading this. Just got off the phone with you.
Tranny, like I said, I have a couple of options for now.

Long term?
I'm going with a much stronger bottom end, and better rods and pistons. Those stock rods are supposed to be pretty strong, but they didn't exactly hold up to my abuse! The pistons just kind of fell apart too.
I'm kind of looking at a build similar to yours I think. I haven't figured out which heads to use yet though. This buildup came a little early and was a bit of a surprise, so I may have to cut a few corners. Not that I want to. But, I will make sure that the foundation for a good motor is there, and the rest can be done later. I am also looking at a 400 maybe. Jack said that tranny should be good, but did you see what I did to it. Apparently even a good tranny doesn't like being shot at by a cannon loaded with engine parts.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.