View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 AM
I can't drive 55!

I don't know where to begin either.... I am trying to think of the weekend and the whole thing is a blur. My wife and our two daughters started out leaving friday afternoon from my work and headed down to stay at the Days Inn for the night. That was crazy in itself. (we almost didn't make it to the track from Friday night into Saturday!) We got to the track, set up the kids gates and the play area first, and then got the car out. I saw Jack a few minutes later and we planned putting the window net in that morning. I got the car over to Jack's trailer and started getting everything layed out. Jack had I thought gone off to talk to a customer. A few minutes goes by and I see Brian. He tells me that there was no welder on the trailer. As Jack said the welder was supposed to be in the trailer but never made it there through all the mayhem they were going through the previous day. I wasn't even a least bit worried, I knew Jack would find a way and he did. Brian had used the track welder at the on site garage and we were good to go!
My first pass was a half track pass 10.80
2nd half pass pass 11.2
3rd 3/4 pass 10.20
4th 3/4 pass 10.01
5th full pass 9.79
6th full pass 9.65!!
It took both days to complete all the passes. My wife held the fort down for us the entire time. I couldn't have done any of this without her. I really know she loves me after this weekend!

Jack was trying to take care of everyone! He had customers all over the place and he was spending time with them all. Even after getting no sleep and all of the crazyness the was going on before hand he was nothing but a gentleman to all and pleasant. He truely is a remarkable person. Thank you for all that you have done for us. You and Brian are the reason why the car is the way it is. I listened to everything you had to say and did it. I am very happy that I did. The car has more in it. It wasn't even straining when it ran that 9.65!!! We still have another 5-7 psi to go!

Also I want to thank Adam. I had the same problem with my shifter that I had at Pinks again!! That was that 11.20 pass. Brian and Adam jacked the car up and found out that the shifter had the wrong shifter detent plate. They had got it as close as they could and it was working flawlessly after that, of course!!

I met alot of people and put faces to screen names. It was great to finally meet you all and it felt great to be apart of the Buick community. The food was fantastic, Brian's ribs were to die for! It was great to see Harold and Patty again also! Thank's for all the help Patty! I am sure I will think of more but I am tapped out right about now. I will try to think of more tomorrow.

I thought of something else!!
My wife and I missed Lorrie alot!!! We were looking forward to spending more time with her. We had a great time talking with her at Pinks. We hope to see you the next time out! We hope all is well! You were definetly missed!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!