View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Mike, what boost was recorded on your FAST? Did it show an increase when you dialed up the boost controller? It does seem strange. On my last turbo, it would not make any more power past 23 psi. A change in wheel design solved that.
UH...yeah, So the story goes, I got everything together for the track the previous night. I loaded the laptop, and the serial to usb adapter in the truck. Got to the track the next morning go to hook up the computer.......I left the small disc for the usb on my kitchen counter, so I couldn't hook up the laptop. I think that even though I moved the boost up on the controller to 24 pounds, it didn't allow more boost to be introduced. I ran almost identical to the last outing. (which if that is the case that is great that I went 10.01 @134 with 17-18 pounds of boost!) We might go again this Saturday......This time I will be prepared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
Looks like you got a high 9 second car on your hands . NICE!!! I watched it run at LVD a few weeks back it was pretty impressive . Considering 1st time out & conservative set-up..... At Island dragway do they run test & tune on what day ? Good Luck Bro !!!
Thanks! Yes, I hope the way it sits it's a high 9 second car. With a little cooler weather and more boost....Who knows! Jack really hasn't even started to tweak anything yet! Usually Saturday is test and tune @ Isalnd. I was going Friday nights but they changed the rules to you have to have state inspection, plates and registration. I think I might have a way around that though.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!