View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Married Man

Default Racing at New England Dragway

First, Our deepest condolences go out to the Kallitta family for their loss of Scott, we all enjoyed his performances for many years as a Top Fuel driver.

As for our day at the races.... The Razorback Racing event was fabulous. The people, the cars, the weather, the food and the racing was a very nice package. I have to also comment on the track location and the area where we all pitted. We were given an area of the pits on the grass, it truly was a family event, where we were able to set up our pit area for our children and family memeber s to enjoy a picnic like atmosphere. The organizers Jerry and Lorraine arranged for a cookout at noontime that fed us with quality hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, chips, soda and some delicious pulled pork from Valleri that forced me to eat much more than my little tummy could handle... Prior to that we had 2 qualifying runs to set up a 32 car field, I qualified number 1, with a 9.0@153, I made it 3 rounds before being taken out by an old timer at the starting line with a 14 second Buick Roadmaster... he cut an .04 lite to my .20 lite... it was all over, I made it a close race, running a 9.11 on a 9.10 dial but he was right on his dial too, beat me to the line by about 2 feet. It was fun. Brian Lee ran a new best with the wagon, running 11.20 something, falling in the 3rd round to a mechanical failure at the starting line. Kirk also ran a new personal best of 12.2@112mph as he gets his tune-up dialed in. Bob V ran a couple of rounds before the red bulb ended his day, as did Joe D with his beautiful silver T.
Almost forgot about Angel.... he ran very well, finally beginning to get his 60fts to come around, running 10.40 or .50, going a few rounds before seeing the big red bulb.. Hope I didn't forget anyone else. I almost raced Bob Cunningham with his big block, fuel injected Buick.... but the gods were on my side... the ladder had to be redone and Bob raced someone else. He cut a .001 lite!!!