View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Thumbs up Great little battery charger!

I've had several different battery chargers over the years. Most have worked adequately, but I was never really satisfied with them. More importantly, my Buick never really took a charge well. Again this year, my battery (new last spring) needed charging (not completely dead), but my current Schumacher didn't want to charge it. I bought and then returned a Sears one that also didn't seem to work. Frustrated, I went on the Internet and did a search. I came up with this little baby

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100375933

at Home depot. What a hidden gem. Has a digital display that tells you what it's doing when it's charging (2/6/10 Amps) as well as display error codes based on the condition of your battery. When it's finished charging, (it gradually slows and displays the charge rate as it goes) it tops off the charge with a trickle charge than displays a FUL message in the display. It can display the battery output and says it can check your alternator output. I considered the $39.99 price a bargain. It weighs next to nothing and measures about 6x8x9". If you need a new one, consider this.

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120