TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   new best mph for pumpkin (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1793)

JCotton1 09-05-2010 04:03 PM

new best mph for pumpkin

Pumpkin runs quickest mph 164.67 if the car only came out of the hole it woulda been best e.t.!! 8.94 but if it had lunched and woke up before 330 prolly woulda went 8.60!

whitecobra98 09-05-2010 07:49 PM

nice job Jackalope!

JRGN 09-05-2010 08:16 PM

Good MPH. congraluations, is this the fastest MPH ? Jr

Mike_g 09-05-2010 10:20 PM

:eek: Congrats Jack ... Was thinking about you guys down there.. Hope everyone did well !

JCotton1 09-06-2010 03:31 AM

Waaaahoooo..... Brian did the driving this weekend, he did a fabulous job, on a tough weekend with lots of head and crosswinds. Also, it was his first runs in the Pumpkin since his license runs.. In any event, I had a plan and things worked out well. Brians 1st run was going to be a launch, 1-2 shift and shut it down to check the recorded program.. didn't quite work out as he laid down the rubber on the launch, spinning hard and doin the dance.. but he handled it like a pro, lifted, got it straight, nailed it and hooked it for a good recording. I checked things out made a few tweaks and on the next run we made some adjustments to the Innovative boost controller, ramped in the boost and set up 3 stages of boost for the first 3 seconds, worked great, the car hooked pretty good, went about 300 ft and disappeared in a hurry bringing home Brian's 1st 8 second pass with a new MPH high of 157.67 for the pumpkin. The next morning I told Brian to get ready, I feel good about turning up the boost, so we made some adjustments to the program, reworked the 3 stages of boost and off he went. Well... we missed the launch, came out short on the boost, it was a slug for the 1st 2-300ft then it was gone like it was shot out of a cannon.... 8.94 @ 164.27... WHAT!!! I won't go into the shock and disbelief.... but it all added up when I saw the time slip. Almost 129mph in the 1\8th, even after leaving the line like a slug, so you can imagine what it looked like when the boost hit. To sum it up, I'm happy for the Pumpkin but most proud of my son Brian for a terrific job at the wheel!!!

Night Train 09-06-2010 11:58 AM

Fantastic job Brian and Jack! I was watching the pass from mid track and the Pumpkin was really bringing home the bacon!!!

JCotton1 09-06-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Train (Post 7405)
Fantastic job Brian and Jack! I was watching the pass from mid track and the Pumpkin was really bringing home the bacon!!!

Thanks guys... and Bob... thanks for being there, it was a blast. Was thinking about your car on the way home... got's some ideas.. we'll be talkin..

TurboBabe 09-06-2010 12:51 PM

hahaha...when I first saw the timing light....I64.67.....I thought it was malfunctioning! Congratulations to Brian for great driving, my husband for tuning, and all of our friends for a great weekend at ETown. Thanks Harold and Patty for the ribs...delicious and the beverages :).

toofastforyou 09-06-2010 02:28 PM

I was there and saw it!!...What a great run Brian!...:eek: congratulations again! :rolleyes:

Claude. :)

JCotton1 09-06-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofastforyou (Post 7410)
I was there and saw it!!...What a great run Brian!...:eek: congratulations again! :rolleyes:

Claude. :)

Hey Claude, thanks for Brian, glad to see you made it home. I was just thinking of calling, how bout Martin, he should be home too. Hope you kewled down, you really did do good, just had some getting used to the new ride.. A few more runs and you'll be fine..