TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Da Pinks Car 9.59 @140.78! (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=960)

trbochrgd1 10-13-2008 01:29 PM

Da Pinks Car 9.59 @140.78!

We went to Island dragway on Sunday. It was a beautiful day. Unfortunelty my wife couldn't go this time because she was sicker than a dog! My brother in-law, Eddie (Turbonatr) had come with me to help me out. First pass we left everything alone from the license passes and it ran a 9.69 @139.70 60' 1.42. Next pass took 2 psi of air out of the tires and turned the boost up 3 psi, ran 9.59 140.78 60' 1.393. I had one more run @ 9.67, but something was a little weird with that one so I will be sending the file to Jack for futher observation.I think something is up with the boost controller. She definetly has more in her.

Car ran fantastic overall. I couldn't be happier with it. I got alot of compliments about it. Thank's Jack! :D

WSLN 6 10-13-2008 03:32 PM

Wow nice runs! What boost level and headgasket were you using?

trbochrgd1 10-13-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSLN 6 (Post 4156)
Wow nice runs! What boost level and headgasket were you using?

Thanks! I would say it was between 25-26 psi. I had brought the laptop to the track but battery died on me. I only got a recording of the last pass. When I get home tonight I am going to get the file out of the XFI and send it to Jack. I have Cometics for headgaskets.

TurboBabe 10-13-2008 08:13 PM

Congrats on your new personal best!did you need your sharpies?

FVC WE4 10-13-2008 09:20 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great numbers that car is flying.

tony1917 10-14-2008 01:57 AM

8.99?

Find some mineshaft air and turn the wick up...Good job.
Tony
Hot Rod Riv

JCotton1 10-14-2008 02:06 AM

Great job Mike.... that's awsome 3 more mid 9 second passes... waaawho. We gotta get that laptop workin... I want you to send me the gct file and your last log.. time to work on that program. I just realized, this weekend I go to NC... the following weekend looks open...... ;)

trbochrgd1 10-14-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FVC WE4 (Post 4166)
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great numbers that car is flying.

Thank's! Didn't I meet you down at e-town? Sorry I am terrible with names. You were contimplating a cage in your car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony1917 (Post 4173)
Find some mineshaft air and turn the wick up...Good job.
Tony
Hot Rod Riv

Tony! How are ya! You hit the nail on the head! I gotta see if Jack has some of that in stock! You know when people were asking me what I thought this combo was going to bring me and I told them, they looked at me in dis-belief, and look where we are now! So who knows. some better 60ft times, some more boost and Jack's magic with the XFI I really do think it is possible. Wouldn't that be something! I know if it does happen I wouldn't be able to leave it like that, but it I would like to have it just once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 4174)
Great job Mike.... that's awsome 3 more mid 9 second passes... waaawho. We gotta get that laptop workin... I want you to send me the gct file and your last log.. time to work on that program. I just realized, this weekend I go to NC... the following weekend looks open...... ;)

Hey Jack, I got home last night and it wasn't pretty. Everyone was still sick so I didn't have a chance to go out to the trailer. So this morning at 5:30 I went out and hooked up the laptop. I thought I read though the help index pretty good on how to get that file out. Needless to say I will be calling you today.:)

bostonjim 10-17-2008 02:26 AM

Thats sick mike.good job bro.

trbochrgd1 10-17-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonjim (Post 4211)
Thats sick mike.good job bro.

Thanks Jim. I am hoping to go out one more time this year, but this time with Jack. Hopefully we can get it together. Jack and I were looking over the log from the last run and that 9.67 run at the top of 1st it just peaked at 25 psi and I hit the limiter again (my fault):rolleyes: 2nd and 3rd were between 21 and 22psi!