TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Jack (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Big thanks to Jack and Gerry!!!!! (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=786)

WSLN 6 08-30-2008 01:47 AM

Big thanks to Jack and Gerry!!!!!

Just got the new 66 S-trim turbo today, looks awesome! Thanks for getting it out to me super quick, should give me a few more days of tuning before it gets sacrificed to the pressure gods! :)

Sean Friesen

JCotton1 09-02-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLN 6 (Post 3455)
Just got the new 66 S-trim turbo today, looks awesome! Thanks for getting it out to me super quick, should give me a few more days of tuning before it gets sacrificed to the pressure gods! :)

Sean Friesen

NO kidding, that was fast.... hope you like it... let us know.. how it goes..:)

WSLN 6 09-02-2008 03:11 PM

I would love to......got everything back together, new headgaskets/head studs, turbo,headers etc. Start the car up, runs like frickin garbage. SIGH.:mad:
Starts fine, sounds like it's running on 4 cylinders. Spark at every plug wire, noid light is fine on injector harness, no codes on Directscan. Pulled off # 2 and #4 plug wires, seems to run almost the same. Didn't touch the cam sensor, car ran perfect when I parked it.
Any ideas guys?

trbochrgd1 09-02-2008 03:46 PM

I am sure you already checked, but did you switch those two wires? Cracked plugs? Closed gaps? Not sure if you changed them or not, just a thought. I had a brand new set of plugs on my wifes GTA from A/C Delco and the ceramic was actually loose on two of the plugs. I had just put a Jasper motor in it and was going nuts to why I had a miss! I checked everything except for that!:o Good Luck!:)

WSLN 6 09-03-2008 01:39 AM

Plugs have about 25 miles on them, all look ok. I will replace them anyway I guess. Double checked plug wire numbers/coil pak orientation, injector harness, grounds, power for everything hotwired (fuel pump,injector harness,ign hotwire).

JCotton1 09-03-2008 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 3486)
I am sure you already checked, but did you switch those two wires? Cracked plugs? Closed gaps? Not sure if you changed them or not, just a thought. I had a brand new set of plugs on my wifes GTA from A/C Delco and the ceramic was actually loose on two of the plugs. I had just put a Jasper motor in it and was going nuts to why I had a miss! I checked everything except for that!:o Good Luck!:)

That's what I was going to suggest, thanks Mike...

WSLN 6 09-03-2008 08:31 AM

Made some headway tonight. Used the Caspers coil tester, only 1 of 3 coil banks was firing at lower rpm. Finally traced it back to a bad 4 gauge splice from my alternator to my original 6 gauge batter cable to my starter. Here's to hoping........

JCotton1 09-04-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLN 6 (Post 3505)
Made some headway tonight. Used the Caspers coil tester, only 1 of 3 coil banks was firing at lower rpm. Finally traced it back to a bad 4 gauge splice from my alternator to my original 6 gauge batter cable to my starter. Here's to hoping........

Anymore news...

WSLN 6 09-04-2008 06:52 PM

Yep, got all the voltage/coilpak issue fixed. Cars runs the same. Finally found an intake gasket leak (wtf? never have I had one leak) got it apart last night at 3:15 am and it is back together setting up as we speak.

WSLN 6 09-05-2008 07:20 AM

Got it all back together, finally runs perfect! That new 66 S-Trim hauls a pile of ass that's for sure! I'm sure the 10 degree C temps didn't hurt any lol.
25psi no knock on 91 octane/Meth. Really pulls different than the P-Trim, a tiny bit slower to boost, but makes up for it a warp speed.....:)
Thanks again guys!