TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Electronic Tuning (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Long story short (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=706)

BrianHynes 07-29-2008 10:43 PM

Long story short

My XFI aux ports are not functioning properly. These [aux 1-4 ports] are suppose to switch to ground when the set parameters are met ( ie. rpm/tps% ect), but as soon as the engine is running, they are grounded---All the time----they don't wait for my parameters to be met. Any ideas? Bad XFI box?

TurboBabe 07-30-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 3106)
My XFI aux ports are not functioning properly. These [aux 1-4 ports] are suppose to switch to ground when the set parameters are met ( ie. rpm/tps% ect), but as soon as the engine is running, they are grounded---All the time----they don't wait for my parameters to be met. Any ideas? Bad XFI box?

I'm on it... I doubt it's a box problem, more likely a wiring issue. Did you check with John yesterday.. I'll be on the horn this morning..

BrianHynes 07-31-2008 01:25 AM

Jack, I wasn't able to get ahold of Dave at FAST today. Maybe you could try him in the morning (hopefully he won't be that busy). Like you said, it might be in the way John wired the adapter harness. Thanks brother!

BrianHynes 07-31-2008 01:26 AM

By the way, the pins I'm using are B1 and B2. These are labeled Aux 1 and Aux 2 respectively.

BrianHynes 08-01-2008 11:22 AM

For anyone who has been following this thread, I spoke with Dave @ FAST. We both feel the box might have an issue, but I am going to try some things first. As required by the "Power Adder" function, I will run a switched +12v to the XFI pin B19. Even though XFI instructions don't mention this for the aux ports, maybe this will allow the aux ports to function properly (fingers crossed). I have also been in touch with a friend of Jacks in Kentucky (thanks for your help Jack), and will be talking again with Steve this morning. Steve is taking the time to diagram what he did for his set up, and will update me. I'm hoping all goes well, so I can get the NOS dialed up.

BrianHynes 08-01-2008 07:49 PM

Well everything is now working through the "Power Adder" function. My aux ports are still not working, but I'll wait 'till the season is over to send the box back to FAST for repair.

trbochrgd1 08-04-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 3132)
Well everything is now working through the "Power Adder" function. My aux ports are still not working, but I'll wait 'till the season is over to send the box back to FAST for repair.

Ok, so did you test it out yet? Or do you need the aux ports to make it work?

BrianHynes 08-04-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 3166)
Ok, so did you test it out yet? Or do you need the aux ports to make it work?

I don't need the aux ports Michael. Everything functions through the "Power adder" function now. I still want to get the aux ports functional, as they give you alot of options ie. operating a shift light, ect..

The car Hasn't been out in 2 weeks :(. It just won't stop raining. We did have 1 nice day last week, but I had work and a soccer game. You and Jack will be the first to know when I test it. :D