TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   New Products (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   TN's new RG 45mm Gate (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35)

FullBoost 12-10-2007 11:31 PM

TN's new RG 45mm Gate

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the new replacement racegate from Turbonetics.

BrianHynes 12-11-2007 01:30 AM

Is that polished stainless? :cool: Think Jack will need to set me up with one when he does my header/downpipe combo.

JCotton1 12-11-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 118)
Is that polished stainless? :cool: Think Jack will need to set me up with one when he does my header/downpipe combo.

Done deal, I have a proto at the shop..... Brian, send me 4 more of them...:)

FullBoost 12-11-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 118)

That is just a show piece. The production gates have just a stainless base like the evolution gates.

jack- sending:D

BrianHynes 12-11-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullBoost (Post 137)
That is just a show piece. The production gates have just a stainless base like the evolution gate.

:( Might as well go with a TIAL then, unless the show piece finds its way to Jack! Just kidding:D

trbochrgd1 12-12-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 121)
Done deal, I have a proto at the shop..... Brian, send me 4 more of them...:)

Are one of those gates for me?:) It looks awesome!

JCotton1 12-12-2007 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 159)
Are one of those gates for me?:) It looks awesome!

You got it...

trbochrgd1 12-12-2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 162)
You got it...

Your the man!

Thanks!:cool:

sverble 12-31-2007 07:15 PM

What's the advantage over the stock internal type gate? What would be involved in getting my THDP setup to run one of those? Can't get them anymore and it's set up internal. thanks

JCotton1 01-09-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sverble (Post 516)
What's the advantage over the stock internal type gate? What would be involved in getting my THDP setup to run one of those? Can't get them anymore and it's set up internal. thanks

Missed this one, sorry Scott.... they both work well when set up correctly. I like the control of the external valve when coupled with an electronic boost controller. Thats the best advantage, plus you don't have to mess with lining up the puck from the stock type elbow with the discharge hole on the side of the turbine housing.
As for your set up on a TTA, the upper section would have to be modified, ATR used to have a replacement upper section for an external gate... we'd have to mod what you have, maybe even weld in a flange off your header for a gate....