TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Please pray for me! (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=376)

BrianHynes 03-13-2008 09:45 PM

Please pray for me!

4 Attachment(s)
AND my sanity. I'm stuck in the middle of Marchuary, and it was 3* this morning. Spent the afternoon (had to wait for the temps to get above 30*), chopping 8-10" of hard packed ice/snow from my driveway. I'v been working on it since it fell Saturday. There is a 20"-30" base of snow in my yard, and 4'-6' banks of snow. See if you can find my mailbox? :( I should be playing with the GN, not a shovel!:mad:

Mike_g 03-13-2008 09:56 PM

Wow, its a record year up in north counrty....
Brian, I hope you recover soon. Its no fun dealing with snow and ice recoverring from an injury. Esp when your GN is calling you
My Inlaws drove down from their house in Maine back in Jan. Parked their car at our house and caught the train to their S Carolina home.

BrianHynes 03-13-2008 10:01 PM

If I did not have to consider my wifes' wishes, the house would have been sold last year, and I would be in North Carolina cooking on the barbie!!!

bnbperformance 03-13-2008 10:48 PM

Im in the same boat..my wife wanted to move to ny from tennessee, i wanted to be in north carolina..needless to say, im in ny..lol I grew up in albany, but really want to be in NC!Luckily, i have no snow left:D

impaloligist 03-14-2008 12:41 AM

I hope the weather changes for the better for you. As long as everyone is ok and safe, then it's ok.

trbochrgd1 03-14-2008 02:57 AM

Oh man, I am sorry to see those pictures! For some reason this winter just felt too long. Never really bothered me before, and we didn't really get hit that bad. My wife and I were thinking about Florida ourselves, especially after we were there in January. It may have been in the mid to lower 70's. But it was like heaven. It will be over soon and we will all be tearin' up the tracks!:D

BrianHynes 03-14-2008 10:17 AM

Thanks guys. I'm sure in another month, it will be a distant memory. For now though, I'm going sycho! I'm sure everyone knows of the torture method called "waterboarding"----Well I being "snowboarded", and it has nothing to do with mountains or fun. My pool looks like a marshmallow!

gumbo 03-14-2008 01:03 PM

Good luck thawing out - the thing you have going tfor youis that time doesn't stop and the days are getting longer so more sun to melt your banks. That hard stuff you chipped up made me flashbacl to last Feb here in CT when we were away for a week and came home to the remnants of two storms. The snow/ice blend in my driveway was about 7 inches and did not crush under my 7000 pound truck - I could drive right on top of it. Unbelievable how much work it took to clear the drive......

BrianHynes 03-14-2008 01:12 PM

I'm still walking on it to get to the house. My daughters school bus turns around in the driveway, and it didn't give. Today is going to be a GN day. A cold Sam Adams, some good rock&roll, and some time in the garage working.

trbochrgd1 03-14-2008 11:32 PM

So, what did you get done on the GN today?