TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Sad day in my household today (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1844)

waGoN 10-15-2010 08:43 PM

Sad day in my household today

Yes, I lost a dear member of my (automobile) family today. Yup, the flatbed came and took away Bessy. It was a tear filled good bye, made worse only by the fact that I had to help load her up. Not to mention the fact that when he looked in the back yard he said, "It looks like I'll be coming back." The sad truth is that I probably will have to go through this yet again. I got a lump in my throat that only subsided after help from another family member (Uncle Sam Adams). I'm doing better, but I think the only way to really feel better is to go and pick up another car.
SMACK!
Ouch!
My wife says NO!

Mike_g 10-16-2010 11:31 AM

Sorry to hear that Brian.
I know the feeling, my new play room out back is in need of company :D

Night Train 10-16-2010 12:15 PM

Which one was Bessy?

waGoN 10-16-2010 03:53 PM

Actually, her name was Cheyenne. Her nickname was Bessy. She was my Chevy Cheyenne, born in 1988. Excuse me, I can't talk right now.

Night Train 10-17-2010 12:39 PM

I findly remember her tranny fluid bath nearly 10 years ago and how well she bounced back...

waGoN 10-17-2010 03:41 PM

Yes, she had many set backs in her life, and she always bounced back. But as sh got older, her frame became frail, and in the end, that is what did her in. Old and broken, she expired. We got another one, and she is her own truck, but she can never take the place of old Cheyenne.

TurboBabe 10-21-2010 09:53 AM

I just happen to have a car in my front yard looking for a good home....it's not a wagon but with a little customizing it could be. It looks like it could be a Lee...it's facial features are alittle on the round side though. My family would be sad to see her go but we are worried with winter coming that she has still not found any friends......whatcha think Brian? Arlene wouldn't mind you filling in that empty space in your back yard would she?

BrianHynes 10-21-2010 01:10 PM

Ok already! You people are bringing me down...Let's talk happy thoughts. Like all the good memories. My x always told me I lovef the GNn more than her. I think she may have been onto something. Keep your head up Brian. Time will heal.

waGoN 10-21-2010 01:32 PM

It has been tough, but I do have support from the rest of my (automotive) family.
Any one remember Romper Room?
I see Wagon, Malibu, Sierra and Silverado, GN, T-Type, LeSabre and Seville...and another GN.
I wish I could say that Arlene has been supportive, but she keeps saying things like, "Good", "It's about time", and "Which ones next?" or laughing about it with my so called friends!
She's so cold!

Time to go clean the garage out and make room for the lift(s). Ah, someday.
If I can get enough of the cars inside, then I won't have to go through this as often.