TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Jack (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jack Tech ; (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1690)

turbineborique 05-20-2010 09:22 PM

Jack Tech ;

Hey Jack ; Es tu hermano de Ct. Hola ... I had a question for you , the voltage booster I got from Caspers years ago [about 6 yrs] whats the life on those things? I ran the car at LVD last weekend and noticed that the vollts did not get above 13.3 ... I noticed that the norm before was 14+... Is this going to hurt anything I need during a pass or two... Fuel , computer, etc.. Thanks :confused:

JCotton1 05-21-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineborique (Post 6968)
Hey Jack ; Es tu hermano de Ct. Hola ... I had a question for you , the voltage booster I got from Caspers years ago [about 6 yrs] whats the life on those things? I ran the car at LVD last weekend and noticed that the vollts did not get above 13.3 ... I noticed that the norm before was 14+... Is this going to hurt anything I need during a pass or two... Fuel , computer, etc.. Thanks :confused:

Hey My Bro.... what up... sounds like maybe you did not have WOT, min 75% to kick the volt booster in... are you going to Muscleplalousa? We're going Sat and Sun...

turbineborique 05-21-2010 02:38 PM

90 percent ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 6969)
Hey My Bro.... what up... sounds like maybe you did not have WOT, min 75% to kick the volt booster in... are you going to Muscleplalousa? We're going Sat and Sun...

Jack ; According to the log ... The TPS was at 90+ percent and still got the 13.3 volts max. I'll be there Saturday , party to go to Sunday ... I'll be looking for the Cotton camp to say hello & for some of that good tuning ...So it couldn't be the Casper' Voltbooster ? See Yah @ the track ... Tu Hermano:)

JCotton1 05-22-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineborique (Post 6970)
Jack ; According to the log ... The TPS was at 90+ percent and still got the 13.3 volts max. I'll be there Saturday , party to go to Sunday ... I'll be looking for the Cotton camp to say hello & for some of that good tuning ...So it couldn't be the Casper' Voltbooster ? See Yah @ the track ... Tu Hermano:)

Oh no, It could be, it's possible for sure... try unplugging it and go for a ride. see how it reacts, could be your alternator on the way out...

turbineborique 05-23-2010 09:06 PM

Went to track ...

I checked the oil after a couple passes ... found the oil to gray and white like a milkshake ...Looked in the valve covers and found it be the same milkshake like.. Help !!! Could it be a headgasket again ? Temp is OK and the car doesn't smoke .. it ran strong [10.50@129] Been a yr since Bobby went through it .... What other signs...:confused: Worried in Ct. Tu Hermano

JCotton1 05-24-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineborique (Post 6973)
I checked the oil after a couple passes ... found the oil to gray and white like a milkshake ...Looked in the valve covers and found it be the same milkshake like.. Help !!! Could it be a headgasket again ? Temp is OK and the car doesn't smoke .. it ran strong [10.50@129] Been a yr since Bobby went through it .... What other signs...:confused: Worried in Ct. Tu Hermano

Anytime we get a milkshake, it's not good. Could be several reasons for it. Can you come up with the car to the shop, we can take a look....

turbineborique 05-24-2010 02:51 PM

I'm gonna ...

Jack ; Thanks for the quick reply , I'm going to pull plugs and see if there' signs of antifreeze ... You got room up there for one more ? I'll keep U posted ... Thanks ; Tu Hermano

JCotton1 05-24-2010 02:55 PM

Yes, get it up asap. I want to have you ready for LVD sat..

turbineborique 05-25-2010 02:02 AM

OK

I checked the plugs , no antifreeze ... I'm gonna load it up ... be there before lunch ... Later ; Tu Hermano

JCotton1 05-25-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineborique (Post 6981)
I checked the plugs , no antifreeze ... I'm gonna load it up ... be there before lunch ... Later ; Tu Hermano

comon Bro... we be ready