TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   LORRIE'S CORNER (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Share a favorite Superbowl recipe... (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166)

TurboBabe 01-12-2008 12:32 PM

Share a favorite Superbowl recipe...

Many of you are great cooks and football fans. Jack & I are always looking for new foods to try. What appetizer or Superbowl day recipe are you willing to share?

johndeeregn 01-12-2008 01:09 PM

Its my 11 year olds Bday party today so I gotta run but I will get back with ya on that one OK:D

TurboBabe 01-13-2008 09:25 PM

??????????????????? Anyone????????????????????

waGoN 01-13-2008 10:36 PM

Hi Lorrie,
Here is one that I make for lot's of occasions. It is just a cheese dip/spread for crackers, but alot of people like it.

Cheese Bell

1-8 oz container of Sharp Cheddar Cheese Food
(usually comes in a little tub, sometimes it is touggh to find the 8oz size)
1-8 oz package of cream cheese (isn't it silly not to use Philly?)
2 tsp each
chopped onion (alot of people have issues with onions, so chop them real small)
chopped green pepper
chopped pimento (if you chop this too small it disintegrates when you mix it)

2 Tblsp margarine
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Combine cheese and margarine
Mix well
Add remaining ingredients
Mix well.....Chill

Now, that is the recipe, here is what I do different:
I destroy the onions, because like I said, alot of people have issues with onions, but you don't want to leave them out, they add to the flavor....obviously.
I usually throw a little more in. The same goes for the peppers and pimentos.
I always double the amount of worcestershire sauce.

If it is Christmas time, I try to leave the pepers bigger, and make sure not to cut up the pimentos. Just cut them into two or three pieces. That way it looks more festive with all of the red and green bits and pieces in there.
For crackers, I always get the Pepperidge Farm pack of 3 different crackers. At Christmas time, they have a Holiday box that has a fourth one.

That's all for now. I'll see if there is anything else that I am willing to share.

waGoN 01-16-2008 02:48 PM

What? Noone else?
I'm not giving up anymore of my recipes if others don't contribute.
I just won't do it I tell ya!

Mike_g 01-16-2008 04:43 PM

Tyson bonless buffolo chicken strips.... Heat n serve, Mmmmmm A Daytona 500 Must... OOPs wrong superbowl :)

waGoN 01-16-2008 05:21 PM

OK, sounds good, but you have to tell us how you disguise it so that it looks like something you made. I like to use the T.G.I.Fridays Spinach dip. I buy it from BJs Wholesale, microwave it, then you put it in a bread bowl. The bread bowl makes it look homemade, and keeps it hot a lot longer. Just read the ingredients, and you can tell people how YOU make it. :D

TurboBabe 01-16-2008 09:06 PM

EASY NACHOS

Preheat oven to 400.
Line a cookie sheet with the new quick release foil.
Place a layer of Tostitos Scoops on the cookie sheet.
Spoon a small amount of hot salsa on each scoop (we like Newman's Own Hot and Spicy).
Top with 1/4 lb of shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
Serve hot!
Easy, quick and you can substitute with any kind of tortilla chip, any brand of salsa, and any cheese other than mozzarella (wouldn't work well).
Enjoy.....
From Jack and Lorrie's Kitchen (Wanda too!)