TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Thank GOD! (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1308)

BrianHynes 04-14-2009 01:53 AM

Thank GOD!

4 Attachment(s)
I'm so blessed that my son Gabe and his best friend walked away with minor injuries. This Saab went tail over nose and hit a 18" Beach tree about 15-20' above the ground while going upside down and backward @ about 45mph. Jack is now going to install a cage in my GN before it see's any track time.

whitecobra98 04-14-2009 12:00 PM

ouch!!!!!!!!! how fast were they going?

Mike_g 04-14-2009 12:50 PM

WoW, Glad to hear theyre alright. The Saab looks like it took it well. Obviously they had their seat belts on.
A Cage in the GN isnt that bad. for you or the car. Swing outs make them pretty civil.

BrianHynes 04-15-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_g (Post 5638)
WoW, Glad to hear theyre alright. The Saab looks like it took it well. Obviously they had their seat belts on.
A Cage in the GN isnt that bad. for you or the car. Swing outs make them pretty civil.

The boys were wearing their belts, and I'm possitive that that saved their lives. Gabe and his freind were hanging by their belts when the car came to rest.

I'm definitely going to have the guys install removable side bars, and most likely a removable cross bar, so the back seat is usable. I took a good look at the bar that the guys installed in a TR when I was down for the "Winter party", and that is what I want. The fit was absolutely perfect, and you couldn't tell there was a cage looking from the outside, unless you knew it was there. I don't believe the cross bar was removable on that one, but Jack mentioned to me it could be done. Don't know how the tech guys will like it though. Guess I'll find out.

BrianHynes 04-15-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitecobra98 (Post 5637)
ouch!!!!!!!!! how fast were they going?

They told me 45-50mph.

whitecobra98 04-15-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 5641)
They told me 45-50mph.

so add at least 15-20 to that...any other car that probably would have been a fatal.....someone was watching over them

trbochrgd1 04-23-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 5633)
I'm so blessed that my son Gabe and his best friend walked away with minor injuries. This Saab went tail over nose and hit a 18" Beach tree about 15-20' above the ground while going upside down and backward @ about 45mph. Jack is now going to install a cage in my GN before it see's any track time.

:eek: Brian! OMG! That is insane! Thank God they had their seatbelts on! From the look of that Saab, I can't believe everyone is ok!

BrianHynes 04-25-2009 01:47 AM

We found out yesterday, that Gabes best bud [the driver] has 2 neck fractures instead of one. He's now in a collar whith no hope of playing ball this spring. Apparently, the fractures were caused from falling on his head when he was freed from his seat belt. Life just sucks sometime.