TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Buick Turbo Tech (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nitrous (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=340)

trbochrgd1 03-02-2008 10:08 PM

Nitrous

Has anyone here had any good or bad experiences with nitrous either using it to spool the turbo, or maybe the plate system that goes in front of the intercooler? Pro's, Con's?

BrianHynes 03-02-2008 11:41 PM

I've head alot good concerning the use of a 50-75hp shot to get the turbo zinging. You could probably leave at an idle, and save on the tranny. I wish I knew someone who had 1st hand experience, 'cause my interest has been peaked for some time. I think it would be great for the street.

trbochrgd1 03-03-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 1595)
I've head alot good concerning the use of a 50-75hp shot to get the turbo zinging. You could probably leave at an idle, and save on the tranny. I wish I knew someone who had 1st hand experience, 'cause my interest has been peaked for some time. I think it would be great for the street.

I know! I have been thinking about it since Jack's party when you and I were talking about it. Of course that is one of my problems, I am not finished with my project and I am already thinking on how to make it better!:D

BrianHynes 03-03-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 1609)
Of course that is one of my problems, I am not finished with my project and I am already thinking on how to make it better!:D

"It's never over" ........That is my favorite saying. I just got home and unloaded the GN. As soon as Gabe put it in the garage, I was already invisioning my new wheel/tire combo, ect. ect.. We all need help!:eek:

trbochrgd1 03-04-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 1610)
"It's never over" ........That is my favorite saying. I just got home and unloaded the GN. As soon as Gabe put it in the garage, I was already invisioning my new wheel/tire combo, ect. ect.. We all need help!:eek:

NO truer words were ever spoken. Some people have drugs, alcohol, and other vices we have our cars. Not to get off the subject but what wheels are you looking at? (or maybe we should start another thread:D) Getting back to the subject I am really interested in the system that goes in front of the intercooler, I never see anyone with a buick that has done it yet. I would imagine it has to cool the intake charge down alot. I just don't know how consistent it would be, and how much you would need in a run.

hyboost 03-05-2008 04:29 PM

I think I'm going to do the Co2 sprayer in front of the intercooler instead of the Nos. A lot less $$ to fill & I bet it works just as good. Can't wait till spring!

trbochrgd1 03-05-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyboost (Post 1648)
I think I'm going to do the Co2 sprayer in front of the intercooler instead of the Nos. A lot less $$ to fill & I bet it works just as good. Can't wait till spring!

Is there a kit for that? Or would ou just buy the intercooler kit and use the Co2 instead of the nitrous?

hyboost 03-05-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 1650)
Is there a kit for that? Or would ou just buy the intercooler kit and use the Co2 instead of the nitrous?

They make a kit. Summits newest catalog, page 37, Called Cryo2. It is $370.00 & comes with everything, 10 lb bottle, sprayer, WOT switch, etc.. Has a oval sprayer that mounts in front of inntercooler.
Cool set up, no pun intended.:D

trbochrgd1 03-06-2008 01:42 AM

Nice! I gotta check it out, of course I had about a hundred Summit catalogs and now I can't find any! I am going to check it out on line.

chi-town don 07-25-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 1664)
Nice! I gotta check it out, of course I had about a hundred Summit catalogs and now I can't find any! I am going to check it out on line.

how does that co2 spray work