TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What's everyone doin' to get there car ready this season? (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1293)

trbochrgd1 04-04-2009 10:24 PM

What's everyone doin' to get there car ready this season?

For us,

Car got re-painted.

We have a new set of M/T 28x10.5-15's in the rear and a new set of M/T 27.5x4.5-15's for the front. The best 60' was 1.36 last year on 6 year old slicks.

I am in the process of replacing the rear brake shoes with a set of four primaries I got from Jack along with the heavy duty wheel cylinders. I will be replacing the hardware back there too, springs etc. I am also replacing the front rotors and pads also, I noticed that I had pretty good cracks where the pads make contact with the rotors. There wasn't enough left on the rotor to resurface it so I got new stock style drilled and slotted rotors.

I also purchased a Co2 kit for boost control that I also have to install. Hopefully with that kit I will be able to get over 22psi. Just need a little help hookin' it up...

I will post up pics after I have it all together.:cool:

toofastforyou 04-05-2009 05:37 PM

->This year, I'll still be using the same "short block" assembly (T/A block, Eagle crank, Carillo rods..) as last year, BUT with some new Champion heads and intake manifold, a new cam, a larger turbo, 4" downpipe from Brian, a "Cotton's" huge front-mount intercooler and electronic boost control...That's about it for now.:cool:
-> I've already bought some new wheels for the street (Billet Specialties's "Street Lites"), installed a steering wheel-mounted trans brake button, and made a bracket for my "Cotton's" electronic boost controller...Oh yeah...I hand-painted the frame too!...:D

Claude. :)

Shifty 04-05-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofastforyou (Post 5598)
->This year, I'll still be using the same "short block" assembly (T/A block, Eagle crank, Carillo rods..) as last year, BUT with some new Champion heads and intake manifold, a new cam, a larger turbo, 4" downpipe from Brian, a "Cotton's" huge front-mount intercooler and electronic boost control...That's about it for now.:cool:
-> I've already bought some new wheels for the street (Billet Specialties's "Street Lites"), installed a steering wheel-mounted trans brake button, and made a bracket for my "Cotton's" electronic boost controller...Oh yeah...I hand-painted the frame too!...:D

Man, that sounds like a nasty setup... I got goose bumps reading it...lol... What size turbo are you planning on running???

toofastforyou 04-06-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty (Post 5600)
Man, that sounds like a nasty setup... I got goose bumps reading it...lol... What size turbo are you planning on running???

:D :D Thanks for the comments!...as for the turbo, I don't know yet but I'm going to let Jack decide...;)

turbineborique 04-06-2009 04:55 PM

Headgaskets

I installed new headgaskets ...... It went Boom in Maryland .

just4play 04-07-2009 01:37 AM

just picked the car yesterday

went for the cpt70sBB, Wolf dub. adj. upper & lower control arms, new drive shaft 1350slip joint and yoke, cold air kit, and your injectors. it runs good on the street, jacks test track. now he has to work his magic on it at the track.

maxsix 04-08-2009 12:47 AM

simple

Having Fun At The Track:)

Sam Colalillo 04-08-2009 01:44 AM

just got my shipment from Cottons

2 Attachment(s)
Just pulled the 10 bolt out of the car. Got to build that new 12 bolt that Jack gave me an Awesome deal on:D:D. Getting rid off the drum brakes on the back and going to wilwood to match the front. I let the new guy Kevin talk me into this;)

Down pipe is on the way to Cottons for some repair work. Got a little smash in it from an incedent at the track. Jack you gotta get that baby fixed up for me super quick. I really need Brian to do his magic again for me.

Summer is coming.

trbochrgd1 04-08-2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

new Champion heads and intake manifold, a new cam, a larger turbo, 4" downpipe from Brian, a "Cotton's" huge front-mount intercooler and electronic boost control...-> I've already bought some new wheels for the street (Billet Specialties's "Street Lites"), installed a steering wheel-mounted trans brake button, and made a bracket for my "Cotton's" electronic boost controller...Oh yeah...I hand-painted the frame too!...:D
Man you have been busy this winter Claude! Your car was flying before, watcha lookin' to put it into orbit now?!?!:D Can't wait to see what turbo Jack picks out for you. Personally I'm partial to the GTK-850...;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineborique (Post 5606)
I installed new headgaskets ...... It went Boom in Maryland .

You mean it went boom last year right? Not this year again!?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by just4play (Post 5609)
went for the cpt70sBB, Wolf dub. adj. upper & lower control arms, new drive shaft 1350slip joint and yoke, cold air kit, and your injectors. it runs good on the street, jacks test track. now he has to work his magic on it at the track.

Now were talkin' Harold! There's gonna be a another 9 second car in Cotton's stable! When is Pinks All Out for you? And you still are going to be away the end of May right? Tell Patty we said HI!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsix (Post 5617)
Having Fun At The Track:)

You lucky dog! I wish I was there! The best part is your in F-L-O-R-I-D-A!

I saw your thread about your 60' droppin off. If you would have 60'd your best of 1.38 on that 9.92 pass it would have been a 9.4x!!:eek: There has to be something you can clean that slick off with. Maybe contact the manufactor of the tire? Still a 9 second run though! Congrats!:cool:

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Colalillo (Post 5619)
Just pulled the 10 bolt out of the car. Got to build that new 12 bolt that Jack gave me an Awesome deal on. Getting rid off the drum brakes on the back and going to wilwood to match the front.

That rear looks great Sam! It's funny, I was just going to pm you about what brake setup your running! Are you still keeping the 3.42's?
Hopefully I won't be needing to go that route with the rear this year.

Sam Colalillo 04-09-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 5620)

That rear looks great Sam! It's funny, I was just going to pm you about what brake setup your running! Are you still keeping the 3.42's?
Hopefully I won't be needing to go that route with the rear this year.

You gonna need this soon, women are hard on cars. I am matching the gears to the horsepower curve:D

You get more gear choices with a 12 bolt over the 10 bolt:D.