TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Buick Turbo Tech (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Champion a/c delete bracket (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169)

trbochrgd1 01-13-2008 11:55 AM

Champion a/c delete bracket

Ok, this maybe be a silly question but... I have the bracket bolted up, and I have all the pullies on. Does the alternator have two anchor points one in the front (obvious) and one in the lower rear? There is a adjustable tab on the champion bracket that looks like it is supposed to be bolted to the back there, but there is no hole where the arm reaches? Do I have to clock the alternator? I did break the alternator case once and I went to the junkyard got another and swapped everything over. Maybe the case doesn't have a provision there? I never noticed?

JCotton1 01-13-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 808)
Ok, this maybe be a silly question but... I have the bracket bolted up, and I have all the pullies on. Does the alternator have two anchor points one in the front (obvious) and one in the lower rear? There is a adjustable tab on the champion bracket that looks like it is supposed to be bolted to the back there, but there is no hole where the arm reaches? Do I have to clock the alternator? I did break the alternator case once and I went to the junkyard got another and swapped everything over. Maybe the case doesn't have a provision there? I never noticed?

Yep.... sounds like the case needs clocking... you do need to use that rear mounting point.. :)

trbochrgd1 01-13-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 810)
Yep.... sounds like the case needs clocking... you do need to use that rear mounting point.. :)

Thanks, I didn't think that only one bolt was going to hold that thing on! :D

PaceCarTA 01-18-2008 03:29 AM

on mine i had one case crack when using just the lower rear attach point , have since added an addition rear brace (made from 1/4"x1" strapping stock) from the case to the header bolt . i noticed jack had done something similar with his on the pumpkin

trbochrgd1 01-18-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceCarTA (Post 891)
on mine i had one case crack when using just the lower rear attach point , have since added an addition rear brace (made from 1/4"x1" strapping stock) from the case to the header bolt . i noticed jack had done something similar with his on the pumpkin

Thanks for the info! Do you have a pic of the bracket you made?

PaceCarTA 01-18-2008 04:01 AM

thought i had a pic on file but couldnt find it

I'll snap a pic in the AM,

JCotton1 01-18-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceCarTA (Post 891)

Hey, that was pattent pending..... me thinks the FBI may be knocking at your door... :D