TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Races, Events & Announcements (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Events? When? Where? (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2008)

waGoN 05-01-2011 02:32 PM

Events? When? Where?

OK Everyone. I am trying to plan out the year, so I need to know what Buick events there are for this year, where they are and when.

So, let's hear it!

turbineborique 05-02-2011 08:07 PM

Well ......

How 'bout Musclepoluza ? That's a Big one ... Later

waGoN 05-03-2011 01:46 AM

When?

JCotton1 05-03-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbineborique (Post 8023)
How 'bout Musclepoluza ? That's a Big one ... Later

end of the month.. LVD May 29th... we be going... can you say BBQ.... at Cotton compund..

waGoN 05-03-2011 11:52 AM

Yeah, I won't be ready for that one.
What's next?
There has to be more. Let's hear them all.

turbineborique 05-04-2011 02:35 PM

Hey...

Quote:

Originally Posted by waGoN (Post 8027)
Yeah, I won't be ready for that one.
What's next?
There has to be more. Let's hear them all.

How 'bout musclepulooza next year ? Jus kidding ... what R U doing with that wagon now ? U know if U put too much power to it the 195's won't cut it . Tu Hermano

toofastforyou 05-04-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 8025)
end of the month.. LVD May 29th... we be going... can you say BBQ.... at Cotton compund..

I don't think that I'll be able to go. I didn't even take the car cover off the car since last fall!...:rolleyes: I want to improve the car's safety with some Baer or Aerospace 4 wheel disc brakes and also right now, my 6pt. roll bar isn't legal to run in the 9's and will need to be turned into an 8 pt. roll cage. Last, the transmission swap (from the 200-4R to a TH-400) isn't done either .

Claude. :(

waGoN 05-05-2011 01:44 AM

The waGoN is sitting in my trailer doing nothing. At least I think it is there. I haven't looked in there in a while.

trbochrgd1 05-05-2011 12:29 PM

Our car will be staying in the trailer this year, little hiatus... Hopefully back in action next year. We'll be doing a little more local r/v'ing this year.

You guys better take some good pictures!!!

waGoN 05-26-2011 10:47 PM

OK, only one Buick event all year, and it has already passed??
Come on guys I have been out of the loop for a while. I'm hoping to get to at least one decent one this year, hopefully more.
So, when are the others? I have alot going on I have to plan around everything.

So, when are the ones in NJ, Maryland........you know. I'm hoping to get started on cleaning out the garage so I can work on the GN and get it out of the way.

I have 3 motors to put in and head gaskets for another. Not to mention, I just bought another vehicle. Yup, stuff was starting to grow in the back yard, so I bought another vehicle to keep the sun from getting to the ground.

toofastforyou 05-27-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waGoN (Post 8061)
So, when are the ones in NJ, Maryland........you know.

I was told that the annual Buick event on Labor Day weekend at Englishtown, NJ has been cancelled...:mad:
As for the one in Cecil County, MD, I don't even know the dates!...:rolleyes:

Other than these two events, it looks like it's going to be a quiet year...Waaaaaaaa! :(

Claude. :(

Mike_g 05-27-2011 11:16 PM

Brian,
I wish I had thought of that before I got our new Lawn Mower

waGoN 05-30-2011 03:10 AM

It works great. Keeps the weeds down too. I wonder how many it will take to cover the whole lawn. I'm going out to measure in the morning.

waGoN 08-29-2011 10:34 PM

Hey!!

OK everyone. I am tacking onto this post.

Again, let me know any events that are happening for the rest of the season.
I couldn't do the NEBRA BBQ and it is going to be difficult to do this year, but if I find a date for it, then I'm going to try to plan one.

So, what's going on in Buick World??

I think Cecil is September 24th-ish. Is that correct. The datte was changed to not interfere with something else I though, but not sure what that was.

Let me know and I'll try to throw together a BBQ for this year.
Thanks.

turbineborique 08-30-2011 02:50 PM

Palooza ....

Brian ; There's that Musclepalooza thing @ LVD ... Laborday weekend ... Might be a couple of Buicks there.

waGoN 08-30-2011 09:50 PM

Cool. Thanks.
I can't make it to that one, but what, if anything is going on in October? I picked a possible date for the NEBRA BBQ. Hopefully I can do it, but I need to know if it is going to conflict with anything else.

Mike_g 08-31-2011 12:15 PM

Hey Brian,
Miguel is having his get together on Oct 1
From TB.com
3 thrd Annual Pats Auto Care Buick Get Together Oct 1 2011
well guy the date is Saturday Oct 1 2011. Party start at 12pm to who know
Lot of Food and raffle all cars are welcome.
cooking a hole Pig this year plus Burgers Hot Dog.
so please post up who coming down and what your bringging
sodas desert are welcome.
if you are bringging some thing please PM me or call the shop 860-627-9270

Thank you
Miguel

JCotton1 08-31-2011 01:59 PM

Hey Stranger, what up...

Sept 23-24 is Cecil County

Oct 15 Noble, Ok

Oct 19-22 Bowling Green, Ky

Mike_g 08-31-2011 11:37 PM

Oct 5 Jacks Birthday

Oct 15 Noble, Ok

BG in October how did that ever happen ?

JCotton1 09-01-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_g (Post 8241)

Oct 5 Jacks Birthday

Oct 15 Noble, Ok

BG in October how did that ever happen ?

Good one Mikey!! :)

As for BG... after the flood last spring at BG caused cancelling of the event, it was rescheduled in OCT. It was a huge success, before the week was out Richard scheduled 2011 in Oct.. I like it lots better.. weather was awsome

PhillyTurboSix 09-15-2011 11:23 PM

Cecil is the place to be! MAGNA (Mid-Atlantic Grand National Assc.) has taken over the car show part of this event and blew it up! 2 years ago 10 cars, 3 years ago 4 cars, last year after MAGNA took the show over... 50 cars! This is the ONLY ALL Buick powered judged event on the east coast now! I made the show "Buick powered" so the guys with the hybrds could bring them down and show them. We have goodie bags, door prizes, 50/50, and free philadelphia soft prezels! So bring your Buick's on down and enjoy one of the last shows of the year!

I just picked up the show awards today and they came out awesome! This is a car show for Buick guys, ran by Buick guys, who love Buick's! I can't wait!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/...2a0becf6_o.jpg

Here is the schedule of events for the show part of this event along with some of our great sponsors for goodie bags and door prizes!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6210/...fbfa5935_b.jpg

We had a great turn out last year! Here is a shot of the show field!
http://www.junknet.net/gallery/main....serialNumber=1

PhillyTurboSix 09-15-2011 11:32 PM

Oh and Jack, your business card is in every goodie bag already! :D

PhillyTurboSix 09-19-2011 10:13 PM

This just in!!
:)

Just wanted to let everyone know that we (HRpartsNstuff) plan to attend the Cecil event! We thought we couldn't make it since we are taking care of my mom with Alzheimer's and the wife had to work that weekend, but just so happens a mass layoff of all the LPN's at her hospital freed up our schedule! And just to make it worse, her car broke down on the way to the mandatory meeting & had to be towed. I got her there just in time to clean out her locker. Nice to know 12 years of faithful service (and others with a LOT more) didn't mean a thing & were thrown to the curb.

If anyone is interested in making a PURCHASE and need us to bring the items to Cecil event, please call us ASAP so we can bring it with us. We are very low on inventory right now, and usually don't bring much on this trip, so need to know ahead of time to hook you up.

We wanted to offer a slight show discount on stuff & even more for a cash deal to help out too. Plus always good to save on shipping too, which can be $40-60 on a suspension package. We may leave on Monday 19th & get there early to hang out with some East Coast friends before the event (need the break after weeks of tax prep and sprayfoam the garage here). So best to let us know by Mon AM to be sure we can get it together & bring with us. If not in time, we can try to do what we can at the event, just stop by & see us there.

On a very limited qty, and EXCLUDES the DIY series & Performance series stuff, our cash discount price for Cecil event is:
$30 off swaybars, or
$30 off a set of uppers + lowers, or
$65 off a whole suspension package of uppers + lowers + swaybar.
Other discounts on anything we make too! Just let us know what you need.
Just call us ASAP and mention the Cecil discount deal & we will hook you up!
Sorry for the late notice, just wanted to offer something to help out anyone thinking of getting stuff from us & going to the event. Hope to see you soon!