TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Hey Buick people ... (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2416)

turbineborique 10-18-2012 04:37 PM

Hey Buick people ...

Hey Guys and Gals ; I was @ the track last week 4 a couple of passes before I put it away . Both passes I expirenced the same , It fell on it's face @ about 1000 ft - 1200 ft mk. Smooth as glass till that pt ...recordings showed that there was plenty of fuel injector duty 75 percent , timing a conservative 20.5 , A/F 11.5 ..All on race fuel [At Least 110 ]. What Happened ??? Feeback Please ... Tu Hermano

turbineborique 10-27-2012 01:15 PM

Thanks Guys ....

I see the there is still a great bond within the Buick community ... Peace

Mike_g 10-27-2012 04:42 PM

lol It looked like you had it under control with Jack.. Nosing over, do you manual shift the car ? Its sounds like your carrying it into overdrive.. If the tranny isnt flaring or the converter isn't going south. I got nothing

JCotton1 10-28-2012 12:37 AM

Good call Mikey, Ang..... are you shifting or is it shifting into overdrive? If I remember correctly, I think you don't shift, pull up to the starting line, put it in drive or overdrive and mash it....

turbineborique 10-30-2012 05:50 PM

No Overdrive ...

Just like Jack said I put in drive and stab & steer [ No OD] ... Thanks 4 the reponse . I have the recording so maybe when I work my way North we can solve this ... I have been driving it on the street with no symtoms ... Still confused :confused:

waGoN 10-31-2012 12:20 AM

What's your combo?
How much boost?
Details. We need details.

turbineborique 11-01-2012 09:21 PM

20 lbs ...

Hey Wagon ; 20 lbs the thing didn't pop smooth as glass , til the 1000 ft or so when it fell on it's face ... Turbonetics 70 mm BB , 72 lb inj , It didn't go Boom cause I know that sound . Fuel ok , timing conservative 20 degrees , I was thinking Ignition , coilpack maybe . She runs well on the street ... I don't know :confused: What new , right ? Tu Hermano

waGoN 11-01-2012 09:37 PM

Intercooler: Stock or front mount?
Still running a MAF? Stock or are you running a translator. If running a the translator, where is MAF located before or after the turbo?
Check the hoses make sure you don't have a loose clamp. You may hear the air rushing out, but maybe not.
How old is your converter?
I doubt it is your coil pack. With a bad coil pack, it usually bucks and farts when it is acting up. I think I had a similar issue when the plug on the module was loose though. Check that connection, or swap the whole coil pack and module for a known good set. Or swing by Jack's and have him test yours.

I need more details.

JCotton1 11-02-2012 12:58 AM

You go Brothers!!!:D

By the way guys... it's Brian Lee and Angel...

turbineborique 11-02-2012 04:11 PM

There is love ...

Brian , My car has not changed a whole lot since ...70 bb , 72# inj ,Electronic Boost control , Dbbl Pumper RPE Stock Block Bullet .. I'll check those items you mentioned ,Thanks... Mr Cotton Thank you , I believe it' Mike that chimmed in ,Thanks to all my Bros ... It still doesn't make sense to me why it did what it did . I gotta work my North ... Mucho Amor , Tu Hermano :)