TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Jack (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Msd Dis-4 (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1548)

toofastforyou 11-24-2009 10:32 PM

Msd Dis-4

Jack, I'd like your opinion on the MSD DIS-4 ignition...I've seen these a few times and wonder if it would it be useful to have on my car?...I've read some posts about them on the several Buick sites, some good, some bad...:confused:...I know they're popular with a lot of carbureted cars which mostly use the "MSD 7" series, but what about our Buicks? That's why I'd like your idea...
Also there seems to be several versions..."DIS-4 PLUS" (#62152), "DIS-4 PLUS HIGH OUTPUT" (#62153), "DIS-4 DIGITAL", etc...It gets confusing...If they're worth having, then which is the one to get? I also saw that there is an adapter (pt# 8878) to install without having to splice into the factory wiring...:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Claude. ;)

toofastforyou 11-26-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofastforyou (Post 6479)
Jack, I'd like your opinion on the MSD DIS-4 ignition...I've seen these a few times and wonder if it would it be useful to have on my car?...I've read some posts about them on the several Buick sites, some good, some bad...:confused:...I know they're popular with a lot of carbureted cars which mostly use the "MSD 7" series, but what about our Buicks? That's why I'd like your idea...
Also there seems to be several versions..."DIS-4 PLUS" (#62152), "DIS-4 PLUS HIGH OUTPUT" (#62153), "DIS-4 DIGITAL", etc...It gets confusing...If they're worth having, then which is the one to get? I also saw that there is an adapter (pt# 8878) to install without having to splice into the factory wiring...:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Claude. ;)

Jack....so...?:confused:

Claude. :o

JCotton1 11-26-2009 12:39 PM

I'm here bro!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! Oh ya and to the other Frenchman... Martin... How's things in Florida.....

As for the MSD, yep, I use them here. I like the 2 step, it allows us to control boost and RPM off the trans brake. I carry them in stock Claude, when you are ready, I can send you one along with the adapter.

toofastforyou 11-26-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 6487)
I'm here bro!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! Oh ya and to the other Frenchman... Martin... How's things in Florida.....

As for the MSD, yep, I use them here. I like the 2 step, it allows us to control boost and RPM off the trans brake. I carry them in stock Claude, when you are ready, I can send you one along with the adapter.

Thanks Jack and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too! :)
As for MARTIN, I spoke with him a few days ago and all's well...Believe it or not, he's getting MARRIED :eek: on Dec 12th. in MEXICO...But I'll tell him to give you some more detailed news himself...

About the MSD DIS-4 unit, it might be the next "mod" on the list!...Which version do you think is the best suited for me ("digital", "plus", "plus high output"...) ?
I'd be interested in having one as well as an adapter (#8878)... We could install it next spring, with all the other stuff remaining to do...Is that ok?

thanks,

Claude. ;)