TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Customer Cars (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Old Combo! (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52)

trbochrgd1 12-12-2007 10:49 PM

Old Combo!

1 Attachment(s)
Wonder where we'll be next year once she's finished!

JCotton1 12-13-2007 10:39 AM

Nice lookin car Mike, so thats Island Dragway... looks good, I always wanted to go there... maybe this summer..

trbochrgd1 12-13-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 188)
Nice lookin car Mike, so thats Island Dragway... looks good, I always wanted to go there... maybe this summer..

Thanks, I am trying to find more pics... You will love it. It's a different atsmosphere there. You can make run after run there. (as long as there isn't an event,) Track hasn't changed since the 60's. (I've seen pictures:))... We will take yourself,Lorrie and the rest of the crew out to the diner after. We'll make it worth the trip.:)

I am going to pm you on some parts that I need.

trbochrgd1 12-15-2007 01:32 PM

And after the 10.43 pass...

1 Attachment(s)
So... after that 10.43 pass I sheared the ring gear in half, and broke the input shaft in the trans!

JCotton1 12-15-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 206)
So... after that 10.43 pass I sheared the ring gear in half, and broke the input shaft in the trans!

Yep, seen that once or twice before....:D

trbochrgd1 12-18-2007 02:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Found some pics of the new rear. Spool with Moser 33 spline c-clip eliminator axles. That was fun to do! Shouldn't blow up again....

trbochrgd1 12-18-2007 03:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Found a few more pics. 2 of the old combo with the 70 gtq and one of the GN on our old trailer.

JCotton1 12-18-2007 12:35 PM

More nice pics... I'll have to start digging a few out of mine...

trbochrgd1 12-22-2007 05:14 AM

82 Grand Prix Hybrid

3 Attachment(s)
Found some pics of my 82 Grand Prix. This is where I got the engine and trans for the GN I have now. I still have it. (just doesn't have a motor or trans.) It has a GN interior as well. I always wanted a GN, I bought the rolling chassis from my brother in law, and so the saga began!:D

JCotton1 12-22-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 357)
Found some pics of my 82 Grand Prix. This is where I got the engine and trans for the GN I have now. I still have it. (just doesn't have a motor or trans.) It has a GN interior as well. I always wanted a GN, I bought the rolling chassis from my brother in law, and so the saga began!:D

That's a nice lookin car..... looks like the body is in good shape..... and I like the color..... we may need to drop a motor in there for the wife... :)

trbochrgd1 12-22-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 358)
That's a nice lookin car..... looks like the body is in good shape..... and I like the color..... we may need to drop a motor in there for the wife... :)

Thanks! It was bitter sweet taking the motor & trans out of that car. I had the car since 1997. It was unique. I have more pics of it somewhere.

If you still have the GM HIghtech performance magazine "Camaro Crazy", the one with a red camaro on the front of it, from September 1999 there was a small picture of it on page 32 and a small little write up about it from one of the hightech performance meets at E-town. Johnny Hunkins interviewed me.

I think it will be our next project car after mine is done. It already has a rollbar in it, and I still have the 70 GTQ with the atr down pipe, gate, front mount,72 lbs injectors... Keep an eye out there for me. :) I gotta get mine finished first!:D

trbochrgd1 12-22-2007 11:26 PM

Jack,
You know I was thinking.... Isn't Joe from Long Island going to have a engine and trans that he is taking out for that stage 2? Maybe when the time comes I could talk to him about it?

JCotton1 12-23-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 381)
Jack,
You know I was thinking.... Isn't Joe from Long Island going to have a engine and trans that he is taking out for that stage 2? Maybe when the time comes I could talk to him about it?

I already put my mark on it, going to use it toward the cost of the work... but, hey, we can talk. Either way, we'll get something nice for that GP... I like that car.

trbochrgd1 12-23-2007 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=JCotton1;385]I already put my mark on it, going to use it toward the cost of the work... but, hey, we can talk.

Cool, I am sure we can work something out. :D

Either way, we'll get something nice for that GP... I like that car.

Thanks, I just spoke to my brother he has a ton of pics of the GP at Island Dragway. A few really good launch pics. He's get me them tomorrow. I'll post them as soon as I get em'!:D

trbochrgd1 12-25-2007 11:27 PM

More GP pics

4 Attachment(s)
Got some more pics, the more I look at these the quicker I want to finish my car and find a motor and trans for GP! :D The last shot was of the GN and the srt-4 which met it's destiny on 10-10-07 R.I.P.!

trbochrgd1 02-16-2008 06:22 AM

Update!

4 Attachment(s)
I know it's been awhile, but I have some pics! I got 2 of the engine and 2 of the fuel cell. Jack, Brian, everything worked out good that you sent me. Just had to get a couple odds and ends from the local speed shop. I put the post filter right in front of the fuel pump like you said. It worked out good.

Brian Hynes, thanks for the pic's of your fuel cell set up. If you take notice I have your pictures in the trunk that I printed out when we were setting the whole thing up it was very helpfull.

Now I just need one more piece of the puzzle! I can't wait to get this baby is fired up. Now it's getting exciting!

BrianHynes 02-16-2008 11:39 PM

Glad I could help. Are you going to be at Jacks this coming weekend?

JCotton1 02-17-2008 01:12 PM

Looks great Mike, don't forget we'll need to put a fire wall behind the rear seat..

trbochrgd1 02-17-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 1394)
Glad I could help. Are you going to be at Jacks this coming weekend?

We have every intention of making it. But as you know with kids anything can happen!:eek: We are really looking forward to it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 1399)
Looks great Mike, don't forget we'll need to put a fire wall behind the rear seat..

Thanks Jack, I think I am going to try photobucket, when I reduce the size of the pictures the quality/detail is lost. The pictures of the enigne don't do it justice. It's really lookin good now since the fuel lines/rails are in.

When we come up, will bring a camera to take some pics for ideas on the fire wall.

trbochrgd1 03-01-2008 03:06 AM

Updated pics

3 Attachment(s)
Took a few pics tonight, just going over everything in the engine compartment making sure everything was tight. Also 2 pics of the massive Cottons intercooler! My God it looks huge! I should be loading the car into the trailer soon.

BrianHynes 03-01-2008 06:18 AM

Beautiful shop Mike. Engine looks real nice too! We have the same taste. I would love to have that intercooler, but I have decided to put the 1k into changing the looks of my car with new wheels, and some M/T drag radials. Post more pics as you get them.

trbochrgd1 03-02-2008 12:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 1581)
Beautiful shop Mike. Engine looks real nice too! We have the same taste. I would love to have that intercooler, but I have decided to put the 1k into changing the looks of my car with new wheels, and some M/T drag radials. Post more pics as you get them.

Thanks man! I know it's unrelated to my combo but I have some shots of the rest of the shop too. First 2 are of the front shop, the 3rd is the part of the back shop, and the last is our immiediate parking lot, in that picture you can see 2 out of the 5, 9 car carriers we run. That lot is usually jammed with cars. These pics were from a while ago.

BrianHynes 03-02-2008 02:29 AM

All them white police cars, and just 1 little 'ol black Buick. There's a little bit of money tied up in those carriers, I would bet!

trbochrgd1 03-10-2008 01:49 AM

Well, my brother and I made the trip up to Cotton's on Saturday. Brian was kind enough to meet me there. It was freakin nuts driving up there in the pouring rain! You couldn't even see 20 feet in front of you in certain spots. It should have taken us 3 hours and 15 minutes, it ended up taken about 4 and a half hours. Yikes! Well the good thing is that it is there, and in good hands!:cool: I'll call you monday Jack.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...tCottons-1.jpg
[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...eftsidepic.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...gd1/GNrear.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...GNfrontpic.jpg[/IMG]

trbochrgd1 03-10-2008 01:54 AM

I tried posting pics through photobucket, I don't think I did it right. I'll try again later.

trbochrgd1 03-10-2008 04:03 PM

I figured out posting the pics!:rolleyes: Took me a little bit! Hopefully it will be in the shop in progress section soon! :D ( I know it won't be this week.)

BrianHynes 03-10-2008 07:55 PM

Sweet! Glad you got your car to Jacks. Remember, the squeaky fable, ( right Jack? ). Lets have a "Spring Barbie" so I can check out your car in person. Keep us posted w/pics.

trbochrgd1 03-11-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 1726)
Sweet! Glad you got your car to Jacks. Remember, the squeaky fable, ( right Jack? ). Lets have a "Spring Barbie" so I can check out your car in person. Keep us posted w/pics.

Yes, I am familiar with that tale!:D A spring barbie would be nice. It would be just in time for me to learn how to use my XFI! Hopefully the next ride up won't be in a monsoon rain storm!:eek: