TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   My new wheels (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=352)

BrianHynes 03-05-2008 11:26 PM

My new wheels

1 Attachment(s)
Billet Specialties Streel Lites. 2 piece welded. What ya think?

trbochrgd1 03-06-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 1660)
Billet Specialties Streel Lites. 2 piece welded. What ya think?

Wow, really nice! I have never seen that particular style before. You running skinnies in the front?

BrianHynes 03-06-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 1662)
Wow, really nice! I have never seen that particular style before. You running skinnies in the front?

There a brand new wheel Mike. They are trying to ramp up production, so the wheels are drizzling out of the factory a few sizes at a time. I think they will be hot. I'm going to stick with 6" rims for the front with the Mickey Thompson front runners I all ready have. For some reason (atleast to me), the super skinnies look odd on a GN. Maybe it's the square styling on our cars. Plus, I want to be able to turn on off/on ramps. I haven't forgotten you on those pics I promised----I will get them ths afternoon.

gumbo 03-06-2008 01:31 PM

they look sweet - you stuck with 15s right? I'd like to see what one of our cars looks like done up with the overhaulin chip foose wheel treatment. Not saying it's what I want just that I want to see....

BrianHynes 03-06-2008 08:03 PM

15's all the way. I like the look of tall rubber.

FVC WE4 03-06-2008 09:45 PM

Real nice, The car should look great

BrianHynes 03-06-2008 10:21 PM

Thanks. Wheels are so hit and miss. They either make or break the looks, and you really don't know until you put them on.

bnbperformance 03-10-2008 11:30 PM

I am also putting those on my GN.. I think they look better then any of the weld wheels and such..15x6 and 15x8s..post some pics when you get them on!

BrianHynes 03-11-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnbperformance (Post 1728)
I am also putting those on my GN.. I think they look better then any of the weld wheels and such..15x6 and 15x8s..post some pics when you get them on!

You can't! They discontinued them after the first run. I will have the only set.:D:D

BrianHynes 03-11-2008 12:23 AM

The above post was as Joke!! Just don't park next to my GN.

bnbperformance 03-11-2008 03:38 AM

lol...i was actually thinking about having the centers powder coated black..

trbochrgd1 03-12-2008 02:53 AM

So when are they coming? I'm impatient.:D

BrianHynes 03-12-2008 10:06 AM

I got the rears and drag radials yesterday. It looks like it will be another week or so before I get the fronts. The wheels are absolutely beautiful. I'm going to be in Albany on family business today, but will snap some pics tomorrow morning. The Hoosiers say ( not for highway use ) even though they have a DOT stamping, so I will have to get to the bottom of that. I don't want any tickets, 'cause the troopers here are a bunch of young, ticket hungry punks, and the tires look like slicks with 2 shallow grooves.

Rick87GN 03-12-2008 02:36 PM

Sweet wheels Brian, I saw those in summit and jegs. I would like to trade in the convo's for a set of those. Make sure and take some pics for us. ;)

bnbperformance 03-13-2008 12:53 AM

sent you a pm..

BrianHynes 03-13-2008 01:03 AM

Got your PM Brian. I called Billet Specialties today to check on the 15x6's I have on order. They are very nice people, and they said the owner is a detail freak. They are real well built, and polished.

BrianHynes 04-04-2008 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quick pic.:D:D:D This shot doesn't do the wheels justice. My camera batteries died before I could take any closer shots, so I post some later.

trbochrgd1 04-04-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 2014)
Here's a quick pic.:D:D:D This shot doesn't do the wheels justice. My camera batteries died before I could take any closer shots, so I post some later.

Oh man, they look awesome! I love the way the M/T's look on there too! Did you go to the show yet? Any plans going to the track soon?

BrianHynes 04-04-2008 01:51 PM

The Motorsports show is today Mike. I have to have the GN there by 1:30pm. I've been thrashing since I got the car back from Jack. I to, like the way the 28"s fill the rear wells. The rubber is close to the lips, but doesn't make contact (It would have been nice if the wheels came with a 4" back space). The drivers fender turned out awsome, and matches the original laquer perfectly. It took 3 mixes before the paint matched, and you'll never guess what color my GN was painted with from the factory. This shot was taken yesterday, just after I finished getting things back together and cleaned up. The front wheels finally arrived Tuesday ( I was getting nervous, but kept bugging Billet Specialties ). As for the track, it's not open yet. We still have plenty of snow, but I think I did a good job of hiding it when I took the pic. It been really nice here for the past 3 days and the snow pack is melting, so hopefully the track will open by May.

trbochrgd1 04-04-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 2017)
The Motorsports show is today Mike. I have to have the GN there by 1:30pm. I've been thrashing since I got the car back from Jack. I to, like the way the 28"s fill the rear wells. The rubber is close to the lips, but doesn't make contact (It would have been nice if the wheels came with a 4" back space). The drivers fender turned out awsome, and matches the original laquer perfectly. It took 3 mixes before the paint matched, and you'll never guess what color my GN was painted with from the factory. This shot was taken yesterday, just after I finished getting things back together and cleaned up. The front wheels finally arrived Tuesday ( I was getting nervous, but kept bugging Billet Specialties ). As for the track, it's not open yet. We still have plenty of snow, but I think I did a good job of hiding it when I took the pic. It been really nice here for the past 3 days and the snow pack is melting, so hopefully the track will open by May.

Nice, I hope you take alot of pics at the show. How did the boost controller turn out? Is it easy to use? As far as the paint, not to be stupid but what color was it painted? You would think it was black, trick question?:D That stinks about the track, I didn't notice the snow in the background you did do a pretty good job of hiding it! I hope to make it to the track by May also. I haven't driven the car since last March!:eek: It's killin' me!:D

JCotton1 04-04-2008 03:08 PM

Looking awsome Brian!!!

BrianHynes 04-04-2008 03:34 PM

Haven't hooked up the solenoids yet. With the snow and salt, I can't drive it, and I was trying to get everything else finished by today. The paint Q is not a trick. My car, along with 6 others were painted incorrectly ( I recieved $1,500 from GM back in the Nov. '85 for a repaint ). Nothing is a good as the original paint, so I left well enough alone. Well, 2 decades later, I find myself trying to match it. It looks black, 'cause there is alot of black in it but it is actually **** *****. I figure it would be fun for someone to guess. I'm going to have Jack send a t-shirt to whoever gets it right.

BrianHynes 04-04-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCotton1 (Post 2019)
Looking awsome Brian!!!

Thanks brother!:)

trbochrgd1 04-04-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 2020)
Haven't hooked up the solenoids yet. With the snow and salt, I can't drive it, and I was trying to get everything else finished by today. The paint Q is not a trick. My car, along with 6 others were painted incorrectly ( I recieved $1,500 from GM back in the Nov. '85 for a repaint ). Nothing is a good as the original paint, so I left well enough alone. Well, 2 decades later, I find myself trying to match it. It looks black, 'cause there is alot of black in it but it is actually **** *****. I figure it would be fun for someone to guess. I'm going to have Jack send a t-shirt to whoever gets it right.

Dark Brown? :D

Royal-T 04-04-2008 09:39 PM

dark green:cool:

bnbperformance 04-04-2008 11:56 PM

The car looks AWESOME! im still waiting for my rear tires..lol.. i have 255 60 15 and 275 60 15 et streets coming..undecided to which tires im gonna use..ill have to post some pics when i get my tires..