TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Races, Events & Announcements (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bowling green (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1217)

johndeeregn 05-07-2009 12:11 PM

See ya Wednesday:D

TurboBabe 05-12-2009 09:39 AM

Update on the trip to BG...so far....misplaced credit card, flat tire on the Bounder, flat tire on the trailer, one Waffle House stop and they are still 3 hours out of Bowling Green! :)

whitecobra98 05-12-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboBabe (Post 5741)
Update on the trip to BG...so far....misplaced credit card, flat tire on the Bounder, flat tire on the trailer, one Waffle House stop and they are still 3 hours out of Bowling Green! :)

sounds like a typical road trip for me

Night Train 05-12-2009 02:33 PM

Sounds like a Bubba Lee roadtrip, only he's not there this time... Keep on truckin'...

waGoN 05-12-2009 03:19 PM

Last couple of times out I haven't had any issues with traveling. I think I shed the problems that I used to always have. I just hope that they didn't find their way to Jack. It's a shame that I wasn't able to go. I've gotten pretty good at changing trailer tires over the years. :D

TurboBabe 05-13-2009 09:26 AM

Brian..it is a shame you couldn't go....they miss you and not for just changing tires. Well they made it safely, the motorhome is all set up in the camp ground under some beech trees and the Cotton Race Camp tents are all set ready for a jammed packed couple of days. Friends and customers have already stopped by to say hello and see how Brian and Jack are doin'.
Jack lost his blackberry on the track last night. Someone heard a phone ringing (it was me calling) and he picked it up off the track and answered it. With his accent I could hardly understand him and at first I thought it was Jack being funny. He brought the phone to the tower and they announced his name to please come to the tower....So Jack was able to get his phone!
He said when he took his driver's jacket out to put on in the staging lanes, it must have come out. He made one pass with the Pumpkin...shaking out the car. Great night for MA sports fans Bruins won, Celtics won and the Red Sox!
I hope Jack can carry that winning spirit to Bowling Green!!!!!:)

johndeeregn 05-13-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboBabe (Post 5747)
Brian..it is a shame you couldn't go....they miss you and not for just changing tires. Well they made it safely, the motorhome is all set up in the camp ground under some beech trees and the Cotton Race Camp tents are all set ready for a jammed packed couple of days. Friends and customers have already stopped by to say hello and see how Brian and Jack are doin'.
Jack lost his blackberry on the track last night. Someone heard a phone ringing (it was me calling) and he picked it up off the track and answered it. With his accent I could hardly understand him and at first I thought it was Jack being funny. He brought the phone to the tower and they announced his name to please come to the tower....So Jack was able to get his phone!
He said when he took his driver's jacket out to put on in the staging lanes, it must have come out. He made one pass with the Pumpkin...shaking out the car. Great night for MA sports fans Bruins won, Celtics won and the Red Sox!
I hope Jack can carry that winning spirit to Bowling Green!!!!!:)

We were in Kansas City last night in the motel and the kids, wife and I should arrive in BG about supper time:D Look for a Bright Red Durango Limited:D

Ty

waGoN 05-13-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboBabe (Post 5747)
Brian..it is a shame you couldn't go....they miss you and not for just changing tires.

This was supposed to be the year that I actually made it, but with work, I just couldn't do it. The car wasn't really ready anyway, so if I had to miss another year, at least it was this one. I am really planning on going next year though.
I miss going too, and miss hanging out with everyone. That is just as good as racing. No, it is better than the racing. That's why when the car blows up, I can still have a good time. I just shift my focus.
I'm going to see if I can get the car ready for LVD on the 23rd/24th. Even if it isn't as fast as it used to be, at least I will get out there again. Maybe get my butt in gear to get something done to it. Maybe I'll give Jack a buzz later and try to bother him while he is relaxing.

Night Train 05-13-2009 07:51 PM

I registered for Musclepalooza IX earlier this week. Memorial Day is early this year...

waGoN 05-13-2009 08:43 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping to have the car running and squared away. I'm going to try to work on it tonight.....oops, I mean tomorrow night. It won't be as fun with the interim motor, but if I bring the grill, I'm sure I can find something to do that will satisfy me!