TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   LORRIE'S CORNER (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Date for Winter Party (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140)

TurboBabe 01-09-2008 04:25 PM

Funny....Cotton's One Select Top Customer Opportunity

waGoN 01-09-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboBabe (Post 662)
Oh yes...I remember the chicken and rice from last year's party...yum!
I hope you can locate the sauce....do they sell it at Costco...Jack & I are in there often?

You can look, but I doubt they have it.

It is........OK EVERYONE ELSE LOOK AWAY........Newman's Own Fra Diavolo Spicy Simmer Sauce.

I'm going to drop them a note I think. The last time I did that they sent me some order forms for a mail order grocery store. Then their web site would link you to an online grocery store. That one no longer carries it. I'm going to have to write to Paul himself, I think.

Night Train 01-10-2008 01:50 AM

Brian, I'll stop by the store tomorrow and see if they have any. It's a one off store, but I'll also see who they get it from to see if it might be available to someone in your area if you order it.

Bob

waGoN 01-10-2008 01:52 PM

That's cool. Thanks Bob.

Mike_g 01-11-2008 11:09 AM

Brian any luck ? I dont even see it on their website...

Night Train 01-11-2008 08:55 PM

I just checked the store. They no longer carry it. :(

waGoN 01-12-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_g (Post 761)
Brian any luck ? I dont even see it on their website...

http://newmansown.com/product_detail...d=3&prod_id=28

I don't know what happened to the last time I posted this. I must not have actually posted it. I'm still learning this computer stuff. ;) Anyways, it is still listed on their site.
The online store that I used to buy it at doesn't list it anymore, but they do have the same thing from another company. I may have to try that one, but it is something like Aunt Millie's or something like that. I may just have to try it out.

TurboBabe 01-23-2008 09:51 AM

One month from today....2008 Cotton's Winter Party!

Brian we looked at Costco and couldn't find the Newman's sauce. Any luck finding it?

Jimmer13 01-23-2008 12:55 PM

Date for Winter Party

Laurie,
See if Jack or Brian can contact Bill (the chef). He may be able to find that sauce in one of the whole foods stores he goes into or maybe even somewhere else.

waGoN 01-23-2008 09:20 PM

Thanks everyone, but I am all set.....I think.
I went to the site that I usually order the sauce from. They don't carry the Newman's Own, but they do carry two other brands of the Fra Diavolo sauce. Sooooooo, I ordered 4 jars...of each.
I got them, and did up a decent sized batch, using a jar of each in order to do a taste test and see which one I liked best. The Patsy's brand was pretty good, and the Paesana brand was also, although it was a little sweeter than Patsy's, which I didn't like as much, but it was just a touch spicier. But, and that's a BIG BUTT, I didn't like either. They both taste great, and everyone that tried it liked it also, but it just wasn't as hot and spicey as Newman's. That's how I like it. So, it was back to the search. I eventually found it at another online grocer, I think it was in Illinois. Anyways, I ordered 8 jars. I haven't gotten them yet, but I am expecting them on my front doorstep this afternoon, or tomorrow. All I can say, is it is worth it, oh and I am going to be eating alot of tomato sauce for a long time.

What did you expect, a short post??? This is me, you are lucky I didn't have to continue it on page 3. But have no fear, I will be brewing up a fresh batch for the party. I just hope I still have some by then. Ah who cares? I'll just order more. Maybe I'll do that now.