TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/index.php)
-   Buick Turbo Tech (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New GN....finally (http://community.cottonsperformance.viper05.citasystems.net/forum/showthread.php?t=468)

whitecobra98 04-16-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 (Post 2134)
Hey it's Michael, I was on the phone with Jack while you were there. NOx? Sounds like it could be a bad egr valve or heavy carbon build up, or both. That could also explain the stalling too.

p.s. Was my car really in the shop;):D

thanks, I have to find 5 minutes to hook up the scanmaster....hopefully that will solve the problem...and yes, your car was in the far right bay:) for real!!!!!!!!! hc grams were 1.66, limit was 2.00, co grams were 15.32, limit was 30.00, nox grams were 5.09, limit was 3.00

trbochrgd1 04-16-2008 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=whitecobra98;2135]and yes, your car was in the far right bay:) for real!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I feel honored, that's where Jack's car usually is.:D

BrianHynes 04-16-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

NOx? Sounds like it could be a bad egr valve or heavy carbon build up, or both. That could also explain the stalling too.

Good point Mike. It's been so long since I ran a EGR, it totaly slipped my mind.

whitecobra98 04-17-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Hey it's Michael, I was on the phone with Jack while you were there. NOx? Sounds like it could be a bad egr valve or heavy carbon build up, or both. That could also explain the stalling too.

p.s. Was my car really in the shop;):D

I think you may be right. Jack stopped by on his way home, and the egr seems like its at least one of my problems. Idle didnt change much when he blocked the bottom. Scanmaster hookup scheduled for saturday.

trbochrgd1 04-17-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHynes (Post 2138)
Good point Mike. It's been so long since I ran a EGR, it totaly slipped my mind.

I know! My first thought also was the IAC also, you beat me to it, and when he said he failed for NOx that was the ringer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitecobra98 (Post 2139)
I think you may be right. Jack stopped by on his way home, and the egr seems like its at least one of my problems. Idle didnt change much when he blocked the bottom. Scanmaster hookup scheduled for saturday.

I hope that solves the problem for you. I hate it when there is gremlins in these cars! Is it mostly stock? What kind of mods does it have?

whitecobra98 04-17-2008 11:18 AM

As far as I can see, its stock,stock,stock...its got a K&N and thats about it..Jack told me to pop the kick panel to see if its the stock chip or not...i'll be doing that saturday along with a fuel filter, pcv, etc....i pulled the plugs last night and they looked fine

whitecobra98 04-20-2008 02:26 AM

update..still havent checked the ecm for the chip in it, but I did go through the car today..................ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! changed the oil, dropped the trans pan and replaced filter, replaced front pads with ceramics (a la Jack), replaced the rear shoes (once again a la Jack), flushed coolant, replaced fuel filter (found pinhole leak squirting fuel onto muffler :o) greased everything I could, new pcv valve and check valve (a la Jack) spark plugs, cleaned MAF, and HOOKED UP SCAN MASTER....unfortunately waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too tired to grab a pad and write down numbers...i will have them tomorrow for the smart ones to decipher.....found out the previous owner really took care of this car....unfortunately I think the rear end has had the radish.....:( the noise back there sounds like it could be fatal...oh well, the car was still a steal.....time for sleepy now

whitecobra98 04-20-2008 10:34 PM

ok here are the numbers at idle
o2 - 613
af - 05-06
l8 - 34
bat - 13.2
int - 134
bl - 138
clt - 217
ats - 128
r - 900-925
tps - .48
iac - 00
cc - 185-243
mal - 00

i got on it and I saw 14.1 on the retard degrees side and the boost gauge (in dash) almost maxed out... hope someone can help with these numbers....i think I have it narrowed down to the fuel pressure regulator or the egr....idle seems to stay high and hunts up and down

BrianHynes 04-20-2008 10:58 PM

Did you take these readings fully warmed up? Was the tranny in park or drive? Your IAC appears inoperative. It should give you a count of 15-20 at idle in park, and jump to 30-50 at idle in gear. These readings are with the motor a full operating temperature. Atleast this has been my experience.

BrianHynes 04-20-2008 11:00 PM

Also, your O2 counts should be active ( ie. constantly changing ). If not, you have a dead O2 sensor.