PDA

View Full Version : The Brisbon Diesel GN

brisbon
08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I should have posted in here instead of in brians topic but i was wondering if we could use this thread for pictures/questions as my car is brought up to the speed it belongs.

brisbon
08-11-2010, 11:24 PM
not 100% on this but if you yank the upper plenum for the sensor install after meth install youll notice i heli-coiled one stripped hole. There may be one more that you'll notice needs a heli-coil too.

brisbon
08-12-2010, 03:48 AM
easyer than looking up my sig in another forum heres some of my parts;

87 GN with .40 over sealed power forged pistons, full throttle Revolution X Roller Cam Kit roller cam 210/215 .516/.516 110 L/S , 3 billet mains, ARP studs, P@P 445 heads, stainless valves, chromoly push rods, postons ceramic headers with ceramic crossover pipe, cottons performance downpipe with turbonetics external RG-45 wastegate and manual boost controller, single BB cpte66 .63 s-cover f1 wheel, mototron 60lbs injectors, 70mm doghouse/throttlebody/plate combo, Missing parts CK performance AOD transmission built for 900hp/ transbrake/overdrive w/ 3500k billet NLU converter, B&M quicksilver ratchet shifter, B&M 3qt+ trans pan, spohn tube suspension, airbags, hotchics springs, bilstein shocks. AutoPal headlamp conversion with xtreme HID h4 bi xenon conversion. Vacuum brake conversion with SSBC calipers and SS braided lines. Trick flow rear end cover with preload bolts.

JCotton1
08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I should have posted in here instead of in brians topic but i was wondering if we could use this thread for pictures/questions as my car is brought up to the speed it belongs.

Absolutely, I see you were a busy guy last nite!!!! :) Thanks for all the info, we're looking forward to getting on your car. But before I do, I gots to finish up Rocky, Neils and Jays!!! :D

brisbon
08-17-2010, 09:38 PM
any progress?

JCotton1
08-17-2010, 09:50 PM
any progress?

yep.... on Rockys, Neils and Jays!!! Just waiting on the heads from Champ, should be here any day... how's your vaca...

brisbon
08-17-2010, 10:12 PM
my vacation was pretty good we got some great weather, are those champion heads free cause i didnt order any lol

JCotton1
08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
my vacation was pretty good we got some great weather, are those champion heads free cause i didnt order any lol

Opps.... wrong car.... :confused: yes, waitin on FAST... maybe... or for the harnesses.. been going out the door faster than we can get them in...

brisbon
08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
jack your going to have to drive my car but I'm suspecting that its soo slow because (1) no meth and low boost and a bad tune (2) the mustang tranny requires different rear end gears. id love to hear your input. take it out for lunch one day and get back to me. the shifters a bit tricky but ull pick it up in no time.

JCotton1
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
jack your going to have to drive my car but I'm suspecting that its soo slow because (1) no meth and low boost and a bad tune (2) the mustang tranny requires different rear end gears. id love to hear your input. take it out for lunch one day and get back to me. the shifters a bit tricky but ull pick it up in no time.

I'll get there.. maybe today if it doesn't rain.... it can't be that slow.... it's a GN..:)

brisbon
08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Perfect day for a drive!

JCotton1
08-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Perfect day for a drive!

Now I have to figure out which car is yours..... :D

brisbon
08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Now I have to figure out which car is yours..... :D

Thad be the dirty one jack, black with black n grey interior and a v6.

brisbon
08-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Oldest joke in the book there im sure

JerrywithaG
08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Oldest joke in the book there im sure

i use it all the time when customers call up since i usually don't handle any of the in-house cars

i'm sure some of them want to reach through the phone and strangle me sometimes.... :D

brisbon
09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Theres really not much work needed on my car, its been there for over a month. I dont want it there after the first snowfall, should I just pick it up this week?

JCotton1
09-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Theres really not much work needed on my car, its been there for over a month. I dont want it there after the first snowfall, should I just pick it up this week?

Sorry we're in better shape this week, I actually poked at it yesterday, plan on finishing up the alky wed, thurs. If all goes well, we'll have the computor going in friday. I'll get ya a good update here in the next day or 2..

brisbon
09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Great. Thats what i wanted to hear jack, you see im an adrenaline junkie and its too cold for grindin knees on my buell now so ive gotten the itches...

JCotton1
09-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Eh Bris...

I did run it a little yesterday, we were finishing up the last of a few projects!!! The great news is we are working hot and heavy Monday on yours, Jays, and Johns ... We got a few pics yesterday but Gerry ran out of time to post anything... look for Monday night to see lots of action. thanks for your patience and hope you have a great weekend..

brisbon
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Pics jerry? Uh Gerry with a g

JCotton1
09-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Coming.... I like the trans, it's interesting. No way I was hitting the OD button.. :) Gerry should get some pics up tonite... call me if you get a chance today..

JerrywithaG
09-22-2010, 07:52 PM
sorry it took so long to get pictures up matt..

alky install, cleaning up some wiring...

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Brisbon/Picture005.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Brisbon/Picture006.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Brisbon/Picture004.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Brisbon/Picture003.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg16/JCottonjr/Brisbon/Picture002.jpg

JCotton1
09-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Eh bris.. these are the befoe or in the middle pics... tomorrows pic will show the finished product for the Alky... had to clean up and remove some of the "stuff" under the steering column.. The FAST will have the 3 bar wwired in there, so we'll use that for the alky as well. One of the problems with the digital gauge package is the wiring for the map sensor doesn't exist... :)

brisbon
09-23-2010, 01:53 AM
JCotton "One of the problems with the digital gauge package is the wiring for the map sensor doesn't exist..."

that explains my confussion!

- do you have a trade for my SLIC for the front mount?
- gauge pod looks like crap and isnt mounted can you guys clean it up and mount it please (huge ugly gap with door open)
- sorry for my impatient wiring under the dash..
- damn washers wont work regardless of having power with a new modual on the steering column and stalk, a new control box at the wiper motor and new washer pump...

thank you for starting on it i appreciate it, just keep me updated on my balance as you go please so I have an idea on how far I want to keep going.

brisbon
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Update? Pics? Did you repair the wiring to my reverse?

JCotton1
09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll hammer Gerry tomorrow, I thought he put more pics up... last week.. If you get a chance, give me a ring in the AM.. thanks

brisbon
11-10-2010, 08:20 PM
As of a couple of weeks ago I had actually forgot I'd owned a GN. Shes been at Cottons getting finessed for about three months and I'm finally picking her up tomorrow if all goes well. For those who want to see their work heres some photos...

brisbon
11-10-2010, 08:23 PM
As of a couple of weeks ago I had actually forgot I'd owned a GN. Shes been at Cottons getting finessed for about three months and I'm finally picking her up tomorrow if all goes well. For those who want to see their work heres some photos...

brisbon
11-10-2010, 08:29 PM
And If Mister cotton himself was curious of my shop I snapped some pictures being he once was a heavy duty mechanic himself, maybe it'll bring back memories (can't imagine them being cheerful ones myself though :cool: )

brisbon
11-10-2010, 08:32 PM
And If Mister cotton himself was curious of my shop I snapped some pictures being he once was a heavy duty mechanic himself, maybe it'll bring back memories (can't imagine them being cheerful ones myself though :cool: )

the welders we spoke of, my linde the green one is 25 years old and will weld around the new lincolns anyday. that bike was built to keep me sane since I couldnt tinker with the GN pretty much a justforthefuckofit gets alot of attention compared to the GN though!

JCotton1
11-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Awsome I love the shop, I could smell the gear oil all over again and my skin began to sweat... :) Not to mention my back began to tighten up thinking about doing the tire work.... straightening, repairing and welding the trailer landing gears as the trucks were forever ripping them off coming over the railroad tracks.. I don't miss it but then.... naaaaa... love the bike!!

JerrywithaG
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
looks like you can walk around that shop without bumping into things :eek::D

brisbon
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Jack/brian. I do not want my pan dropped or front cover removed yet.

I saw brians oil gauge at its lowest 20psi which rose respectively 10psi roughly each 1000rpm increase. I would like that gauge plumbed with a Brass tee at the sender port and the two compared in cockpit while driving.

If the electric sender i installed is the culprit I would like an accurate mechanical gauge installed replacing it.

I think the increase in oil pressue we saw with rpm drop was attributed from crank flutter ive seen in other engines.

I want the car ASAP and may be back with my lowbed to get it.

http://www.precisionengine.net/. Built the present engine. Originally leaving exhaust valve seals out.
Simplex machine built the previous engine that ate its main bearrings in a week.

*powerbasterds is the maker of the new alternator charging just
over 12.5v
i think the convertor is from PTC, billet 9" 3500 stall non l/u

Combo; .40 over sealed power forged pistons, full throttle Revolution X Roller Cam Kit roller cam 210/215 .516/.516 110 L/S , 3 billet mains, ARP studs, P@P 445 heads, stainless valves, chromoly push rods, postons ceramic headers with ceramic crossover pipe, cottons performance downpipe with turbonetics external RG-45 wastegate and manual boost controller, single BB cpte66 .63 s-cover f1 wheel, mototron 60lbs injectors, AOD transmission transbrake/overdrive w/ 3500k billet NLU converter

brisbon
12-19-2010, 06:07 PM
This is the outcome of that turbo race motor that lost oil pressure. Did everything myself as i have in the past since I ran outa cash.

IT... SCREWS.

dart block patriot performance alumium heads eagle forged crank ibeam rods and forged pistons lumpy roller cam setup w scorpion rockers some heavy mods to get it to work..

p.s. have you sold my new fmic and fast system if not i want to pick it up asap.