View Full Version : 4th Gen Firebird

lavoiej
06-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Hey Jack, any updates?

-Jason

JCotton1
06-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey Jason,

Not yet, but we should have something up in a few days.. My sons got some ideas.... :)

whitecobra98
06-13-2010, 09:47 PM
now im curious..odd to see a firebird on your trailer:)

JCotton1
06-14-2010, 02:02 AM
now im curious..odd to see a firebird on your trailer:)

I gotta work on something while you save your pennies... :D

Nice car, were installing a FAST on it... also, you might be surprised should you look under the hood...:)

lavoiej
06-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Hey Jason,

Not yet, but we should have something up in a few days.. My sons got some ideas.... :)

cool. Can't wait to hear is ideas. I'll call in a few days. Are you going to be in the shop on Saturday?

whitecobra98
06-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I gotta work on something while you save your pennies... :D

Nice car, were installing a FAST on it... also, you might be surprised should you look under the hood...:)

if it was my daily driver i would have put it on my card, but its my toy, so I guess you'll have 2 wait and deal with cash:p

lavoiej
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Any updates on the car Jack?

I heard you raced Rick last Sunday.

JCotton1
07-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey Rick, been crazed as usual .... Got some calls back and forth with FAST. Seems they have no info on a setup for your combo, but Dave, my contact was supposed to get with one of the engineers and see what they could come up with and get back to me. Haven't heard anything back, I'll have to get them back on the phone today... either way, we'll be able to do it, just gonna be a ride....

As for Rick, it was a blast, I phyched him out I think.. He had a plan at the starting line, but that shit just don't work anymore.... them v8 guys like to rattle us turbo guys.. he red lit!! It was fun, I left myself a little room on the other end, dialed in a 9.10 but when I saw him red lite, I ran it out the back door and ran an 8.92... if you get a chance, give me a call this afternoon.

lavoiej
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Tried to call the last few days with no answer. I am still looking to have the car back in two weeks.

JCotton1
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Tried to call the last few days with no answer. I am still looking to have the car back in two weeks.

I'm with ya Bro, we're on our 4 daY Vacation at the Cape, be back Monday morn. Hopefully FAST will have a little info for me.. either way, we'll get it..

lavoiej
07-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Is the car covered? I don't want the 90 degree sun beating on my dash. I will try to give you a call early this week.

lavoiej
07-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Our annual Cruise of Cancer is August 22nd. It is our club's big event, so I would really like to have the car by then - either driving or on a trailer. Thanks. ;)

JCotton1
08-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Major progress today, Harnesses shipped from FAST, we should have what we need now. I also touched base about the K member, about 1 week before shipping if you want to go that route... your call. Sorry, missed your call today, planned to call before leaving but dropped the ball... Can you give me a call in the AM....

lavoiej
08-12-2010, 01:26 AM
From reading what other's have done. The tubular K buys extra room to go under the K and everyone recommends it. So let's do it. Some seem to think Spohn Performance is the way to go.

While the K is off, should we swap out the oil pan too?

JCotton1
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
From reading what other's have done. The tubular K buys extra room to go under the K and everyone recommends it. So let's do it. Some seem to think Spohn Performance is the way to go.

While the K is off, should we swap out the oil pan too?

Absolutely ... we'll do the pan... repair it or replace?

lavoiej
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Absolutely ... we'll do the pan... repair it or replace?

I am thinking of replacing it with something bigger for road racing. Let me do some research on get back to you on it tonight.

JCotton1
08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I am thinking of replacing it with something bigger for road racing. Let me do some research on get back to you on it tonight.

So I will go ahead and order the K member... ?

lavoiej
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
So I will go ahead and order the K member... ?

Go for it.