PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm

JC'sGN
12-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Jack,

Have you guys been affected by the storm ??

Hope all is well....

BrianHynes
12-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Jack,

Have you guys been affected by the storm ??

Hope all is well....

Just got 6"-8" of snow. We stayed cold enough to remain all snow. Hope all is well with my southern brothers.

trbochrgd1
12-14-2008, 06:40 PM
We had lost power for 24 hours. Other houses in our area are still out! Within that 24 hrs the temp dropped to the lower 50's in the house!

Front of our house
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/100_4266.jpg
Our street (our mail box on the left)
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/100_4265.jpg
Back yard right side
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/100_4261.jpg
Side yard
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/100_4264.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/100_4269.jpg

Mike_g
12-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Pretty crazy storm... While I was at the shop visiting yesterday. My parents stopped off and grabbed my genset for my Aunt & Uncle who live in Wynanskil.
Hope everyone is doing Ok

BrianHynes
12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Crazy dude! I'm having flashbacks of 1998. At that time we were out of power for 13 1/2 days. You could ice skate on the yard. Hope you did not substain any major damage Michael. I know there is not much I can do from here, but please call me if there is ANYTHING that I can help with.

JC'sGN
12-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Watching the news, it reminds me of 98' as well..... the damage was brutal, hope all get through it.

BrozWE4
12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
That is crazy.

Hope all you guys made it through OK.

In this neck of the woods, (near Cotton's) we got all rain. And lots of it!

Rivers are high, small streams flooded. I'm NOT complaining, when I see what we could have been hit with.

To our North and West, they got the ice.

I'll take my precipitation in liquid form any day.

JerrywithaG
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
In this neck of the woods, (near Cotton's) we got all rain. And lots of it!

Rivers are high, small streams flooded. I'm NOT complaining, when I see what we could have been hit with.

To our North and West, they got the ice.

I'll take my precipitation in liquid form any day.

^^^:)

trbochrgd1
12-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Crazy dude! I'm having flashbacks of 1998. At that time we were out of power for 13 1/2 days. You could ice skate on the yard. Hope you did not substain any major damage Michael. I know there is not much I can do from here, but please call me if there is ANYTHING that I can help with.

Thanks Brian, Nicole and I really appreciate that! Nothing happened to the house, only the power lines on the street. It could have been worse. Thankfully her parents are only 15 minutes away and we spent the night at there house. I can't imagine being without power for 13 1/2 days! How did your pipes not freeze?! Or did they?!

JCotton1
12-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks Brian, Nicole and I really appreciate that! Nothing happened to the house, only the power lines on the street. It could have been worse. Thankfully her parents are only 15 minutes away and we spent the night at there house. I can't imagine being without power for 13 1/2 days! How did your pipes not freeze?! Or did they?!

Holy Sh-t Batman, Mike thats crazy and I thought I had it bad friday.... Glad to hear all is well with everyone. Like Barry said, we got all rain and wind, good for us as a whole here.. bad for me from a business standpoint.... The thiefs come out at nite when it rains... :(:mad: the shop was broken into, they stole about $5,000 worth of turbos.... guess they like the GTK turbos.. :( Needless to say, I been pretty much out of my mind for a few days. Just finished ordering a new surveillance system, can't say much more about it other than it should help to shore up the security service I have with the PD... iron bars going on all the windows and a totally revamped security service procedure. I don't know... been a rough year...... but then it could be worse.... hey on a good note... the car ran great at Atco sunday.. :)

trbochrgd1
12-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Holy Sh-t Batman, Mike thats crazy and I thought I had it bad friday.... Glad to hear all is well with everyone. Like Barry said, we got all rain and wind, good for us as a whole here.. bad for me from a business standpoint.... The thiefs come out at nite when it rains... :(:mad: the shop was broken into, they stole about $5,000 worth of turbos.... guess they like the GTK turbos.. :( Needless to say, I been pretty much out of my mind for a few days. Just finished ordering a new surveillance system, can't say much more about it other than it should help to shore up the security service I have with the PD... iron bars going on all the windows and a totally revamped security service procedure. I don't know... been a rough year...... but then it could be worse.... hey on a good note... the car ran great at Atco sunday.. :)

OMG Jack! The both of us were reading this with our mouths open! I am so sorry that you guys had to go through that! What a bunch of a-holes! It sucks that you have to worry about that... Next time they will think twice with all of the security upgrades your putting in. Maybe you guys need a "shop mascot" too. Nothing like a big dog to scare off the "undesirables".

JCotton1
12-16-2008, 10:54 AM
OMG Jack! The both of us were reading this with our mouths open! I am so sorry that you guys had to go through that! What a bunch of a-holes! It sucks that you have to worry about that... Next time they will think twice with all of the security upgrades your putting in. Maybe you guys need a "shop mascot" too. Nothing like a big dog to scare off the "undesirables".

Sometimes I wonder what the heck I did wrong..... oh well, good idea about the Big Dog.. but me thinks that Big Dog is gonna be me the next time... I ordered the new surveillence system last nite.. 8 Sony, nite vision color cameras with cell phone and internet capable... I think I can use them for some customer use as well... they can watch their cars being worked on.... :)

hotrod
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
good idea jack with the cameras i had cat. conv. sawed off on my lot last year. I told the pd i was going to sit in a tree across the street in a gilly suit and a sniper rifle and pick the bastards off:mad:

impaloligist
12-16-2008, 01:15 PM
People just can't leave sh-t alone anymore. Sorry about what has happened. Hope they catch the bastards.

whitecobra98
12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey big guy, I'll let u borrow my cat.....they won't know what hit them until he's gnawing on their jugular vein:)

JerrywithaG
12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Hey big guy, I'll let u borrow my cat.....they won't know what hit them until he's gnawing on their jugular vein:)

i was gonna suggest bringing my dog in but i think he'd just roll over and wait to be petted if someone was trying to get in

BrozWE4
12-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Hey Jack.

Sorry to hear about the break in.

That sucks. It's amazing, the number of scum bags out there these days.

Keep an eye on the secondary market. Online, auction sites, etc.
Just a thought.

Barry

Pnyklr
12-17-2008, 02:49 AM
bunch of low lifes

this what it looks like here ...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2702/1281/6753140278_large.jpg

waGoN
12-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Jack, that really stinks. Did they go right for the turbos, or did they pick through other stuff? Just wondering if it seemed like they knew what they were after. Obviously with GNs out front there would be turbos inside, but wondering if they knew exactly where to go.

If I was closer I'd hang out a night or two with my dog. One sound, and I'd wake her up. One bark from her would make that metal building vibrate. They wouldn't dare come within 50' of the building then.
Make sure you have the cameras set up on a DVR, that is hidden, locked up, or, off site.

BrianHynes
12-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I can't imagine being without power for 13 1/2 days! How did your pipes not freeze?! Or did they?!

A big generator! You can't exsist in these parts without one.:D

trbochrgd1
12-19-2008, 04:01 AM
How about this guy! He's better than a security system. He'll leave the thieves remains so the cops can id them, instead of sifting through that pesky video!:D

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/dog.jpg

JCotton1
12-19-2008, 10:29 AM
How about this guy! He's better than a security system. He'll leave the thieves remains so the cops can id them, instead of sifting through that pesky video!:D

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj224/trbochrgd1/dog.jpg

I think about...... 3 of them would do the trick..:)

Fitz3820
12-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft - some peole are just scum.

Hope next year is better.

Merry Christmas!

-Mark Fitzgerald

JCotton1
12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the theft - some peole are just scum.

Hope next year is better.

Merry Christmas!

-Mark Fitzgerald

Hey mark, what up Bro.... thanks, could be worse. Oh well, just have to move on and learn from it. How you doing and the rest of the family, looking forward to Christmas and a New year here...